Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RESOLVED] BT Keyboard works in ubuntu shell but not in XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Feel like i'm going mad.

Got my BT keyboard paired and trusted and working inside the Ubuntu shell - works fine navigating round screen menu options etc, but as soon as I go into XBMC there is no activity inside XBMC (i.e. cursor keys don't work etc)

Running XBMCUbunto RC2 on a Zotac ZBOX.

Everything runs fine inside XBMC itself, using a USB keyboard is all good - just want to get this BT keyboard working Sad

Running in debug mode, there is nothing appearing in the debug log at all when I press keys on the keyboard. (otherwise I would post up a log).

Have tried with both "Remote Control sends keyboard presses" enabled and disabled inside Input Devices under settings.

Confused Anyone got any ideas what I should be looking for - please?!
I'm "guessing" I need to have a mapping file in place for the specific device name, but am looking for some guidance please! (a cookie for the 1st helpful reply) Smile
does it work if you start xbmc in the xbmcbuntu session?
No Sad If I boot up to ubuntu 1st, keyboard is all good, then run XBMC from inside there, keyboard stops working.

Same with booting straight into xbmc - no BT keyboard.

I'm going to try something similar to http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Alt...r_Nyxboard this later when I get home. Looks like if I save the keyboard.xml in my home user userdata folder and put the device name in the keyboard line - i'm hoping that will work ...

How i feel now - i'm getting nowhere Sad
Architecture i686
XBMCUbuntu, upgraded XBMC to RC2
SVN shows : XBMC 11.0-RC2 Git:Unknown (Compiled : Mar 1 2012)

Info from System Info screen:
GPU Mesa DRI Intel IGD x86/MMX/SSE2
OpenGL version 1.4 Mesa 7.11

Intel Atom CPU D510 Dual Core, 1GB memory

Pastebin for debug log:
http://pastebin.com/uQrKH8NN

The entries for SDLKeyboard are the USB keyboard I used as well to check navigation. Using the bluetooth Apple Keyboard there are no entries for any keypresses whatsoever, even although keyboard works fine in ubuntu itself.

cat /proc/bus/input/devices shows:

Quote:I: Bus=0005 Vendor=05ac Product=022d Version=0141
N: Name="ATVKB"
P: Phys=00:15:83:15:A3:10
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.3/usb5/5-2/5-2:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:1/input4
U: Uniq=00:1F:5B:F9:3E:08
H: Handlers=sysrq kbd event4
B: PROP=0
B: EV=12001b
B: KEY=10000 0 0 0 0 0 1 1007b 11007 ff9f217a c14057ff ffbeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: ABS=100 0
B: MSC=10
B: LED=1f

I: Bus=0000 Vendor=0000 Product=0000 Version=0000
N: Name="ATVKB (lircd bypass)"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/virtual/input/input6
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=event5
B: PROP=0
B: EV=b
B: KEY=1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=100 0

I've tried creating a keyboard.xml under /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps called keyboard.xml with the following info:

Quote:<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard name="ATVKB">
<p>Play</p>
<q>Queue</q>

But am getting nowhere. I just don't understand why it works perfectly in the underlying OS, but not inside XBMC.

Trying to get this kit together as a present for brother and i've got about 4 weeks left to get this KB working - can anyone help PLEASE! Huh
Resolved the issue.

Not sure if this is a bug in XBMC or whatever...

During all this testing I've had a USB keyboard and mouse plugged into the Zotac, as well as the USB BT receiver. As soon as I unplugged the USB keyboard, the BT keyboard started working in XBMC!!!

Argh!
I am having the same issue. My BT keyboard is not working in xbmc. I dont have an usb keyboard to try the above out so anybody know another way to get it to work.

(2012-03-21, 02:08)rflores2323 Wrote: [ -> ]I am having the same issue. My BT keyboard is not working in xbmc. I dont have an usb keyboard to try the above out so anybody know another way to get it to work.

Have you got the BT keyboard working in the OS shell ok? i.e. use blueman app to see the device, pair it up and trust it?