Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded this to try.

AVG Internet Security (not the free edition) marked the file libspotify.dll as a virus.(Win32/Heur)
The file was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources\dlls\windows\x86

Only when I tried to start the add-on did it get detected.

First of all, many thanks for the addon. I'm using it everyday.
I don't have a spotify premium account, but I use the 48h free trial you get everytime you create a new user. It takes 5 min everytime, but for that I get 2 days of free music as premium.
When the free trial expires I can't login to spotimc, what is also right, but the problem is that the addon keeps trying to login and the login window, where I can put my new username and password, never opens. I always have to close xbmc, go to the addons settings and change there the username. When I restart spotymc, then the login window appears.
Is there any way to fix this?
Thanks again for the great work!
Found my mistake. Failure belongs to Frodo release. I reinstalled Ubuntu 12.04 with Eden and it works like a charm. Thank you very much for the best plugin i know so far.
I couldn't get beta1 or 2 to start (installation worked fine) on frodo alpha 6, windows. Beta 1 worked fine on frodo alpha 5.
@Luguber thanks!! i got it to work, i first just changed the name of the folders in the zip with no results Wink
Was able to install Beta 2.
Now the problem is that I cannot 'click' on the menus (playlist, exit, etc). I can navigate to them with the mouse or arrow keys, but cannot 'click' or press enter on any of the selections.
I am running the October snapshot of XBMC.
Help please?
Beta 2, did not start for me. Got error message.

Running xbmcbuntu (latest stable from xbmc.org. 11.04?)

From xbmc.log

Code:
09:25:17 T:2854222704  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
09:25:17 T:2854222704   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
09:25:17 T:2854222704   ERROR: Error Contents: (10, 'No child processes')
09:25:17 T:2854222704   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 37, in <module>
                                                envutils.set_library_path(dll_dir)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/envutils.py", line 50, in set_library_path
                                                full_path = os.path.join(os.path.abspath(root), get_platform_path())
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/envutils.py", line 37, in get_platform_path
                                                if platform.uname()[4] == 'armv6l':
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1273, in uname
                                                processor = _syscmd_uname('-p','')
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1030, in _syscmd_uname
                                                rc = f.close()
                                            IOError: (10, 'No child processes')
(2012-10-21, 09:38)torwulf Wrote: [ -> ]Beta 2, did not start for me. Got error message.

From xbmc.log

Same for me. Even uninstalled the old version and removed all folders related to spotimc before install of the new version.

(2012-10-21, 09:38)torwulf Wrote: [ -> ]Beta 2, did not start for me. Got error message.

From xbmc.log

(2012-10-21, 14:54)Novin Wrote: [ -> ]Same for me. Even uninstalled the old version and removed all folders related to spotimc before install of the new version.

Look back two pages and you have your solution...
I'm using Openelec 2.0 final with beta two of this nice piece of software. It appears to work at first (interface showing, playlists showing), but when i want to play any type of song, the interface crashes as well as openelec..
Doesn't work with latest Frodo Sad
(2012-10-04, 20:05)Luguber Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-10-01, 14:01)SKIBBE Wrote: [ -> ]I get a script error during start, and spotimc just loads forever "Beta2" beta1 i still get to work.

Quote:13:48:51 T:2837416816 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:49:11 T:12400400 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in SubString(Container.FolderPath,videodb://5/
13:51:29 T:2845809520 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:51:29 T:2845809520 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:51:29 T:2845809520 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
13:51:29 T:2845809520 ERROR: Error Contents: (10, 'No child processes')
13:51:29 T:2845809520 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/default.py", line 37, in <module>
envutils.set_library_path(dll_dir)
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/envutils.py", line 50, in set_library_path
full_path = os.path.join(os.path.abspath(root), get_platform_path())
File "/home/skibbe/.xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/envutils.py", line 37, in get_platform_path
if platform.uname()[4] == 'armv6l':
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1273, in uname
processor = _syscmd_uname('-p','')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/platform.py", line 1030, in _syscmd_uname
rc = f.close()
IOError: (10, 'No child processes')
that is the end of the crashlog from xbmc when i restart the machine
using an Intel atom330, if i am not misstaking that is no armv6? just x64?

Hi, I was getting the same error with beta2 on XBMCbuntu. Seems like it for some reason mistake our system for a Raspberry Pi, or other ARM system.
To fix it, you can comment out line 37 and 38 in envutils.py (add the '#' in front of the two lines you see below and save);
Code:
    elif os.name == "posix":
        if sys.platform.startswith('linux'):
            if arch == 32:
            #    if platform.uname()[4] == 'armv6l':
            #        return 'linux/armv6'
                return 'linux/x86'
That worked for me atleast.

I'm new to xbmc, how can I do this in openelec?

I have no idea how to edit script in xbmc
Maybe the easiest way, if you're new to Linux as well, is to browse to your OpenElec box over Windows network. It should be enabled by default in OpenELEC.
Then browse your way to .xbmc/addons/script.audio.spotimc/ and edit envutils.py in notepad.
Thing is, while I can find my htpc and browse it in the finder on my macbook, I can't edit or add anything with my macbook. Don't know how to change that either
Ok, seems like it was only my external usb drive plugged in to my htpc that wasn't writable, I suspect it's bevause it's journaled. Anyhow, I can't see all directories and files in finder. Any clue why?