Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are saying:

I compiled PySpotifyCtypesProxy.egg from the modified source by mazkolain

You mean the one on Github?...........or the official one (1.0 beta 3)

Because when you want to download the one on Github in ZIP......that one is not complete

(2013-03-29, 02:28)silvine Wrote: [ -> ]Great app but the beta 3 no longer works with Openelec 3.0.

So the fix is working for openelec 3.0.0 and 12.1........thank you very, very much
Thanks Kibje - That works a treat!
Thanks, Kibje, this works perfectly fine on my fresh OpenElec 3 installation Smile
Kibje, thanks, working well on XBian 1.0alpha5 with XBMC 12.1. Though not very stable, but it's usable :-)
Hello,

I'm happy to announce the next release 1.0-beta4, which fixes many of the pending issues since XBMC 12.0, and 12.1. Please check this link to download the latest release. You can view the changelog here.

From this release on, I'll publish downloadable packages from another place rather than the usual one, because Github deprecated downloads some time ago. The download page is pretty basic, but at least it should suffice the current needs.

@Kibje: Thanks for the temporary fix! I had the one for issue #98 more than a week ago, but I detected another one (#99), which was the reason for the delay.

Edit #1: Please note that Raspberry Pi support is still experimental, but hopefully future releases should resolve most of the performance issues. Also, there's no need to add the hard float libspotify version anymore, since it's already included.
Hi, Is it possible to get the Radio function in Spotify in this addon? Its what I use on spotify 99% of time Smile
Thank you for all your work on this great plugin!

Please consider creating a donate option, you deserve it :)
(2013-03-29, 17:17)mazkolain Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I'm happy to announce the next release 1.0-beta4, which fixes many of the pending issues since XBMC 12.0, and 12.1. Please check this link to download the latest release. You can view the changelog here.
It's working great. Many thanks again for this amazing addon!
I'm also for the radio function.
Still no love for ATV2 yet, hope soon let us know and thanks for the great work!
(2013-03-30, 01:28)dallasnights Wrote: [ -> ]Still no love for ATV2 yet, hope soon let us know and thanks for the great work!

Mazkolain will not be able to make the aTV version because he does not have an aTV or XCode.
More information is here : https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/issues/56

If you want a version for Apple TV 2, try to find a guy who has a aTV2 and can code a bit.

(2013-03-29, 17:17)mazkolain Wrote: [ -> ]@Kibje: Thanks for the temporary fix! I had the one for issue #98 more than a week ago, but I detected another one (#99), which was the reason for the delay.

Yeah sure - my girlfriend complained it wasn't working and I still had the development area set up from back when I was trying to help you - succeeded on my first try compiling the egg.

If you want to have your packages distributed by SuperRepo just give me a PM, it has loads of mirrors already, and it is also possible to give a direct download link to the zipfile.
Got to say it's a relief having a working Spotify in XBMC/Openelec again! Any chance Spotimc will make it into official add-on repo?

Also, if you have a donation possibility setup, make sure to link to it on post #1. I've only found the weekly tip-thingy, but I'd rather make a one-time donation.
I'm currently using script.audio.spotimc-1.0-beta4. on Openelec 3.0.0. (Frodo 12.1).

When playing from a playlist, the first song plays just fine. The second song will play for 10-30 seconds and after that the sound mutes. The song keeps playing according to the player. (time increments).

Anyone else with this issue? I tried beta3 instead, but didn't work at all.

Addition: The problem only arises when artist information / lyrics are displayed. When I stay in playlist listing during playback, everything is ok.
(2013-03-31, 12:35)WonderStivi Wrote: [ -> ]Got to say it's a relief having a working Spotify in XBMC/Openelec again! Any chance Spotimc will make it into official add-on repo?

Not much chance, it contains compiled dll's and those can't be allowed in official repo.
(2013-03-29, 17:17)mazkolain Wrote: [ -> ]Edit #1: Please note that Raspberry Pi support is still experimental, but hopefully future releases should resolve most of the performance issues. Also, there's no need to add the hard float libspotify version anymore, since it's already included.

Dear Mazkolain,
Thank you for you awesome work.
My xbmc 12.1 runs on a raspberry PI, using raspbmc.

Your script runs well and I can play music but when it plays the second track, after about 30 seconds, my raspberry reboots every time.

So, I cannot use it.
Do you need some logs?
Bye
(2013-03-29, 17:48)Frank-NL Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for all your work on this great plugin!

Please consider creating a donate option, you deserve it Smile
I'll set up a donation option very soon. Thanks for your support!

(2013-03-31, 15:32)GenetiX Wrote: [ -> ]I'm currently using script.audio.spotimc-1.0-beta4. on Openelec 3.0.0. (Frodo 12.1).

When playing from a playlist, the first song plays just fine. The second song will play for 10-30 seconds and after that the sound mutes. The song keeps playing according to the player. (time increments).

Anyone else with this issue? I tried beta3 instead, but didn't work at all.
There were some changes in beta4 on how Spotimc serves streams (and the way cancellations are handled). There are some known issues with lyric scripts, which cause this behavior. See this issue comment for more details:
https://github.com/mazkolain/spotimc/iss...t-15029166

If it's not related to the issue above, I would like to see some log files to figure out what's going on. Thanks in advance!

(2013-03-31, 18:37)Kibje Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-31, 12:35)WonderStivi Wrote: [ -> ]Got to say it's a relief having a working Spotify in XBMC/Openelec again! Any chance Spotimc will make it into official add-on repo?

Not much chance, it contains compiled dll's and those can't be allowed in official repo.
Apart from the issue @Kibje mentioned (which can actually be solved, but this fix is deferred for a future release), there are other pending tasks to fully comply with the official repo guidelines, of which include the following:
  • Localization:
    All the strings used by the addon must be localized (which again is relatively easy to solve, but also deferred for future releases).
  • Skin patching:
    Spotimc relies on some workaround that patches (and unpatches) the skin in use on runtime, in order to provide custom font definitions and display a consistent look across every skin. Not doing so would cause Spotimc's gui to display overflowed text all over the place. I'm aware that an addon shouldn't be doing such things, but unfortunately there's no other viable way since custom fonts provided by addons are not supported by XBMC.

(2013-03-31, 19:31)Zatarra77 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-03-29, 17:17)mazkolain Wrote: [ -> ]Edit #1: Please note that Raspberry Pi support is still experimental, but hopefully future releases should resolve most of the performance issues. Also, there's no need to add the hard float libspotify version anymore, since it's already included.

Dear Mazkolain,
Thank you for you awesome work.
My xbmc 12.1 runs on a raspberry PI, using raspbmc.

Your script runs well and I can play music but when it plays the second track, after about 30 seconds, my raspberry reboots every time.

So, I cannot use it.
Do you need some logs?
Bye
It sounds almost identical to the issue mentioned by @GenetiX earlier on this thread, but with different side effects. I re-tested Spotimc on the pi and was unable to reproduce the issue. If the workaround I suggested previously to @GenetiX on this post does not work for you, I would like to see the log file produced by this issue. Thanks for reporting!