Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [RELEASE] Spotimc: Another Spotify music addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone also facing problems with spotimc?
Looks as if there is no connection between spotimc and the spotify server(s)?
Yes I too facing it. New Stuff and Search are not working....Not populating. Please help
I'm getting this too. Is this addon being actively updated?
I'd guess not, last time it was updated was in 2014.
But up and running again (Kodibuntu)!!! Smile
Hi bertjegassel,

You mean it is now working for Kodi?

Please share the addon URL if so.
Hi,

Now the addon is back again. Working on XBMC as well.
I was looking at getting a spotify app for Kodi, since I am so unhappy with Emma+ (im on an adroidTV device). have people had success with spotimc on android 6 (marshmallow) + Kodi 16 (jarvis)?
Excuse me using Your Deploying spotimc I find a problem in the register ..
What I state use only a tribute to Spotify ..
InOLTRE Which one XBMC Eden CHOOSE :
XBMC Eden Slideshow Screensaver
XBMC Eden iTunes visualizations

Thank you
(2015-10-04, 00:17)pike Wrote: [ -> ]I also wonder if this is still being developed? I don't know what features Spotify offers in their API, but I miss one big feature!

Namely, the Ability to play "My songs" and also Favorites. Not only playlists.

I have created a new Spotify addon (which uses some parts of code from spotimc) based on the new Spotify WebApi.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265356
This looks really great Nod but I have not yet been able to run it Confused

error: unable to find 'libspotify'

Nvidia Shield Android TV

Advice I have found within this thread to others experiencing the issue, and which I have tried so far:

(2013-05-07, 18:00)Kib Wrote: [ -> ]I think something went wrong with the install because you installed two different versions with the same number.
Can you close down xbmc, remove the addons/script.audio.spotimc folder and the cached zip file which is in the subfolder in the addons folder (forgot the name).

I tried this initially using the file manager within Kodi, and then rebooting, and then after resintalling failed I closed Kodi down and used ES File Explorer in Android. The second time there was only a addons/script.audio.spotimc dir to delete, there was no zip file in addons/packages. I tried this with and without removing the addon first.

(2013-05-08, 23:26)mazkolain Wrote: [ -> ]A file named libspotify.dll should be present in %APPDATA%XBMC\addons\script.audio.spotimc\resources\dlls\windows\x86. If not, it's likely that something is blocking the creation of that file (perhaps antivirus software or some system security directive...).

So after reinstalling I checked, and that file is there, and there are several in the linux dir, and mac osx, I am assuming Android uses the linux one and there should not be a separate linux dir? There were several dirs for differenet architectures inside the linux folder, 4 I think.

I uninstalled and removed the zip file and script.audio.spotimc dir where necessary and then reinstalled to get the same error. Please see the log below and advise Huh

http://xbmclogs.com/p2re8t1xi
wrong thread sorry...
I actually went with the plugin mentioned above by marcelveldt. I highly recommend it.
(2016-03-21, 23:41)marcelveldt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-10-04, 00:17)pike Wrote: [ -> ]I also wonder if this is still being developed? I don't know what features Spotify offers in their API, but I miss one big feature!

Namely, the Ability to play "My songs" and also Favorites. Not only playlists.

I have created a new Spotify addon (which uses some parts of code from spotimc) based on the new Spotify WebApi.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=265356
marcelveldt, this looks really great and just what I'm looking for - thank you. I receive all my song lists etc but when I play any tracks there is no sound, as though the tracks are not playing.
Do you know what might be causing this please ?