Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting up Harmony remote with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried searching the forums and can't find an answer. I want my Harmony One to open the OSD, switch subtitles, etc. However when I map "M" to Menu nothing happens. Same with T, L, and W. The only thing I can think of is these are capital letters and xbmc requires lower case maybe. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I am using xbmcubuntu Eden beta3 and can't locate the keyboard.xml or remote.xml. I checked /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps. The only file there is noBS.xml.
If remote.xml isnt there then you will need to create one.
it goes in the same folder as the noBS one, there a sample one onthe wiki that i used.

Matt
VanillaXtract Wrote:I want my Harmony One to open the OSD, switch subtitles, etc. However when I map "M" to Menu nothing happens

I had the exact same problem with my Harmony 700 (XBMC Live) and fixed it by setting my Harmony to "MicrosoftMCE-1039". Can't remember what led me to doing that, but it gave me the Menu function back. From there on, all keys on the remote worked, but I only use the remote, no remote keyboard.
Configure the Harmony as a MCE Remote not as MCE Keyboard. If you do that you dont have to use Letters. A proper remote.xml and everything should work well.
(2012-03-11, 04:01)john.cord Wrote: [ -> ]Configure the Harmony as a MCE Remote not as MCE Keyboard. If you do that you dont have to use Letters. A proper remote.xml and everything should work well.
I did configure it as a MCE Remote. So what would I need to do to be able to press a button on the remote and have the watched status toggled, bring up the OSD, and toggle subtitles?
I found my main problem. Originally I had configured my remote as a Media Center SE remote and mapped keys for MediaBrowser. I reconfigured as MCE and everything works as I had wanted. Thanks for everyone's help.
Quote:I did configure it as a MCE Remote. So what would I need to do to be able to press a button on the remote and have the watched status toggled, bring up the OSD, and toggle subtitles?I did configure it as a MCE Remote. So what would I need to do to be able to press a button on the remote and have the watched status toggled, bring up the OSD, and toggle subtitles?

You need to figure out what button does that on a mce remote and map that. On my harmany one+ info or menu gives OSD depending on what you want. * toggles sub and the remote does not have it so I have mapped it to the touch screen.
On my Harmony 650, Guide opens the context menu. It wasn't mapped by default. I have XBMC setup as a Microsoft Media Center PC (XB-360MCE)
(2012-03-14, 07:16)vikjon0 Wrote: [ -> ]You need to figure out what button does that on a mce remote and map that. On my harmany one+ info or menu gives OSD depending on what you want. * toggles sub and the remote does not have it so I have mapped it to the touch screen.
Is this written down anywhere? I would like to put on the touchscreen toggle subtitles (which you said is *), toggle watched status, and one to go back to "Now Playing" (fullscreen video)