Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New forum - Pros and Cons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2012-03-19, 12:43)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed logging in today that Forum Jump at the bottom seems to have disappeared, it was definitely there last week Huh Personally I find it immensely useful when either finished reading through a thread or scrolling down the posts in a forum, so I'm at bottom of page to then use Forum Jump to switch to another forum. Hopefully this is something that has accidentally been disabled.

(2012-03-19, 14:36)rflores2323 Wrote: [ -> ]we need preview thread when hoovering over with mouse. Is this an option that is being considered?

These option take a big hit at the server.
Yeah - the "Forum Jump" I really miss.
(2012-03-19, 12:43)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]I've noticed logging in today that Forum Jump at the bottom seems to have disappeared, it was definitely there last week Huh Personally I find it immensely useful when either finished reading through a thread or scrolling down the posts in a forum, so I'm at bottom of page to then use Forum Jump to switch to another forum. Hopefully this is something that has accidentally been disabled.

There is at least a 'Return to Top' button.
(2012-03-19, 14:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

(2012-03-19, 14:36)rflores2323 Wrote: [ -> ]we need preview thread when hoovering over with mouse. Is this an option that is being considered?

Is that due to the new software? The old forum always had a Forum Jump as far back as I remember, and I been visiting here for many years, in fact I struggle to think of any forum I visit that doesn't have it.

Personally without Forum Jump or some kind of breadcrumb at the bottom like there is at the top, I now find the forums a right pain to navigate as I never come on the forum to only look at a single area, I always jump between General Discussion, General Help & Support, Feature Suggestions, & Development as I like to keep on top of what's going on.

(2012-03-19, 16:01)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]

There is at least a 'Return to Top' button.
Thanks I hadn't noticed that, makes it a bit easier, but still a right pain compared with how it's always been.

(2012-03-19, 16:32)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Is that due to the new software? The old forum always had a Forum Jump as far back as I remember, and I been visiting here for many years, in fact I struggle to think of any forum I visit that doesn't have it.
It must be the software, I noticed on the the iPhone and iPad trying to bring up the "forum jump" (before when it was still available-on MyBB) was very slow and difficult to choose another sub-forum.

If the forum jump isn't doable with MyBB how about a breadcrumb at the bottom as well? I admit it was getting unwieldy to navigate with so many sub-forms.

Or implement a kind of drop down navigation menu within the breadcrumb?

Like this:
I see Forum Jump is now back Big Grin Makes navigating around so much easier so thank you, hopefully it doesn't cause any issues and it can stay .
It seems really to work really well Smile looks clean and seems responsive.
(2012-03-18, 22:25)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-18, 21:41)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-18, 18:44)gibxxi Wrote: [ -> ]Only issue I can see is some BBCode functions are missing from the previous board or have not been ported over, meaning some posts that existed before the switch are now looking a bit funky or are hard to read.
Could you please link to some examples so that we can fix it?

I could... if I could remember which forum threads I saw errors in. Next time I see something out of whack I'll post back here.

Have seen some
  • BBCodes not handled, even though this forum does support lists. Maybe a incorrect case issue. That's just one example off the top of my head.
Nested Quote Test !

======================================
Forums working great tonight.
da-anda : AMAZING forum migration. xbmc.org was lucky to have you manage the migration .... 2 thumbs up !!
(2012-03-20, 03:24)osirisjem Wrote: [ -> ]Forums working great tonight.
da-anda : AMAZING forum migration. xbmc.org was lucky to have you manage the migration .... 2 thumbs up !!

Absolutely +1 Nod

It would be nice to see skin specific scripts move to a subsection like WIP.

It would be much easier to follow as threads would not mix with rest of the posts and get burried in time. For new skiners it would be oportunity to see what is available and what script serves what function, at a glance.

EDIT: we could even call this new section "scripts and tools" and move Foundation, texture packer, 1080 convertor and such there. This would leave sticky thread for anouncements and important changes.

EDIT2: BTW, There are several skins that have been released but are still listed in WIP. Those threads should probably move to their own sections in skin support.
it would be nice if there was a way to ignore particular forums entirely. the old forum let me disable certain forums from showing up in search results. since i browse the forums via the "view new posts" link, i get a lot of returns from forums that dont concern me - particularly anything mac related or skins i dont use. helps keep things cleaner.

is this a possibility?

yup ignoring certain forums from the view new posts link would be nice.
(2012-03-19, 14:39)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]

This discussion was in the other thread about the new forum, and this is what da-anda had to say about it.

Any chance for Forum Runner support as well? I find it better than tapatalk.

http://www.forumrunner.net/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12