Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: yet another 3d on AC3 playback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

Even if I've followed all forum configuration suggestion to get my AC3 receiver work I'm onlyl able to play AAC tracks in my ATV2 with latest XBMC.

Considering that:
- If I rent a movie from Apple store I get full Dolby Digital 5.1 sound;
- If I transcode a movie with Handbrake and I add it to iTunes movie library of my Mac I get full Dolby Digital 5.1 sound too.

For what reason for the same movie but played using XBMC I'm getting only silence?

I've tried all the tricks but without no clue.

Thank yiu in advance.

Gianni

Thanks Scott.

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/XtVaf0gB
media inspector info on the used test video: http://pastebin.com/tsfKBmHS

ac3 receiver is connected to ATV2 using an optical cable.

if more is needed let me know.

Gianni
any clue? Sad
You have 2 streams in that audio file. Double check in the audio osd that the 5.1 stream is selected when playing the movie.
Hello Memphiz,

yes I confirm it's playing the AC3 track, I also see the DD 5.1 logo instead of AAC on controller bar. I made also a test transcoding the video and putting only the AC3 track to be sure but I'm always getting mute.
You tell on FAQ it's a receiver issue but for what reason if I rent a movie on Apple store or add a local movie to iTunes library I get full DD 5.1 sound?
The issue is only on xbmc and I can't explain the reason. Sad
How exactly did you setup the audio settings in XBMC?

Imho the following should work

Output set to coax/optical
Speakersetup set to 5.1
Receiver supports AC3
Receiver supports DTS

And in the AppleTV2 settings set Audio to 16 Bit (i mean outside of XBMC).
(2012-03-21, 21:35)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly did you setup the audio settings in XBMC?

Imho the following should work

Output set to coax/optical
Speakersetup set to 5.1
Receiver supports AC3
Receiver supports DTS

And in the AppleTV2 settings set Audio to 16 Bit (i mean outside of XBMC).

The xbmc settings are exactly this ones. And Audio is set to 16 bit, otherwise it does not work when I rent a movie.
Mhh set it to HDMI in XBMC for a quick test. No errors visible in your log file. So it might just be some sort of incompatibility between XBMC and your Amp. (whats that amp for a type?). You also could try to set Audio in AppleTV2 to Auto instead of 16bit (though its unlikly to work).

No more ideas...
I've tried all setting combination without luck. I have two pcm/ac3 decoders. One from Teac another from Cambridge Soundworks. They work pretty fine with all devices (dvd players, stb, also ATV2 with original apple player software). The only that fails is XBMC... Sad
If there is any XBMC developer with good skills to debug the ac3 passthrough to this amp I can send one at no charge to do the debug.