Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlists not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have files spread over some 50 disks in four servers, so clearly, an ordinary "one share per server" wont do for organization, it just becomes a mess to find stuff.

So, for the old XBMC (which I still run on a bunch of XBoxes), I made a program that is scheduled to run every night, which creates a unified directory structure, where every media file is represented by a playlist which points to the real file. Then, I just set the media root in XBMC to the root of this structure. Simple, neat and effective.

The playlists are of m3u format: smb (anonymized here)://workgroup;user:[email protected]/share/mov11/mov/series/Incomplete/Series name/1/unchecked/Episode name.avi. The playlists are all containing only one file each.

This has worked nicely for almost a decade, and still works on the XBoxes and for VLC on the PC and Linux machines. However, when I try to play one of the playlists using OpenELEC, it just waits for a second, then goes on like I've never tried to play it. If I browse to the real media file, I can play it perfectly fine, so it's somewhere in the playlist that things go wrong.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do to troubleshoot it?
Might be a path issue...

Can you post a log-file?

mad-max
Sure, if I find it, I'm a bit new to OpenELEC. I'll check around tonight.

I think the paths in the m3u files are OK, as I said, they work perfectly on my old XBox XBMC installations and in VLC on both Windows and Linux.
log-file should be in user home/.xbmc/
Not 100% sure, as I don't use OpenElec

mad-max
Here's the tail from the log:

Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: [2012/03/13 06:25:28.383441, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:350(find_domain_master_name_query_fail)
Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
root /var/log #
root /var/log # Mar 13 06:10:26 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: Unable to find
the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
-sh: can't open 1b: no such file
-sh: Mar: not found
root /var/log # Mar 13 06:10:26 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: Unable to sync
browse lists in this workgroup.
-sh: Mar: not found
root /var/log # Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: [2012/03/13 06:25
:28.383441, 0] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:350(find_domain_master_name_query_fail)
-sh: syntax error: unexpected "("
root /var/log # Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: find_domain_mas
ter_name_query_fail:
-sh: Mar: not found
root /var/log # Mar 13 06:25:28 openelec daemon.err nmbd[851]: Unable to find
the Domain Master Browser name WORKGROUP<1b> for the workgroup WORKGROUP.
-sh: can't open 1b: no such file
-sh: Mar: not found

This implies that the setting for workgroup has not taken properly, as I don't use the standard workgroup "WORKGROUP", and I have set the setting to the correct workgroup.

Edit: Oh, by the way, I did restart after changing the workgroup setting. Didn't help.