Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting up Anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

I have a slight issue. Im trying to setup Anime.
I have under Video, Movies and TV Shows.
Both using their respective scrapers.
I then added a new source, for Anime, under TV shows scraper options I downloaded Anime.db scraper, and added it.
It found my anime, eg Bleach.
But its showing under TV Shows, shortcut on Aeon MQ3.
Besides showing under TV Shows, it is also NOT using absolute numbering.
So its showing as a mess. Is there any way to get it to use absolute numbering, and also be separate from TV shows?
Thats the first part.

Now in MQ3 you can add favourites to your home screen, so I created a new one called Anime, but I cannot find the favourites script it refers to, to make my Anime a favourite on the home screen. I have made Anime a favourite, but the shortcut I named goes nowhere.
Do you know where I can find the favourites script?

So ye, Anime separate from TV shows, and using Absolute numbering
And favourites script to add Anime as a link on my home screen.

Thanks guys if you can help.
I think it's better to go with a smartplaylist filtered on "anime" as genre...then pin it to home...
To have only regular tv shows under tvshows, you need a second playlist with first filter criteria vice versa...
That's the way I separated movies and documentaries...

Absolute numbering might be a toggle option in the scraper...
Hi Mad,

Thanks for the idea.
How can I implement this idea?
I have never worked with smart lists.
Also if im using smart lists are they not still then part of TV Shows?

I'm really gob smacked that XBMC does not allow it to be 2 separate entities without a lot of hassle!
Use XBMC Eden RC 2 (v11 release candidate 2). Set everything up, then use the new file view with meta data and physically place the anime in a separate folder than other TV shows. It's the Library mode with folders.
I am running Eden RC2.
Will give that a shot, altho a bit confused by what you say Smile
Will have to take a look into it.
Basically you're just using the file view after your files are scrapped. In Eden the library "mode" and file "mode" basically merged and instead became "views" rather than "modes". The library meta-data (covers, summaries, etc) will now show up in file view. So Library view shows you all TV shows and/or movies, and file view shows you the same thing, but organized in folders.
Ned is there a guide somewhere on setting this up?
If not dont you think there should be one, especially for n00bs like me?!
For using library features in file view or just setting up anime? In any case, both are on my mental to-do list for the wiki.
Both pretty much Smile
This is for the Back Row skin but should help as a good reference http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98628
(2012-03-13, 15:17)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Basically you're just using the file view after your files are scrapped. In Eden the library "mode" and file "mode" basically merged and instead became "views" rather than "modes". The library meta-data (covers, summaries, etc) will now show up in file view. So Library view shows you all TV shows and/or movies, and file view shows you the same thing, but organized in folders.

Hey,

this is pretty cool, I've been wanted something like that in stock xbmc for a while, thanks!
One thing though, how do one pin this to the home menu?
IE, instead of Going to Video(->Files)->Anime, just go to Anime?

Thanks!
Not possible?
Some skins will have the option for custom home items. Comparison of skin features (wiki) should list some. I believe there's a mod for Confluence (the default XBMC skin) that does this too, but I don't have a link handy (a search in the Skin help forums will probably turn it up). There's also this guide from the wiki that someone made that might help, but I'm unsure if it still applies for XBMC v11: HOW-TO:Edit the home screen skin files (wiki)
Yes influence has that (and glass too I guess since it is based on influence).
I was hoping it to be feasible with stock Confluence as I like the new version a lot.

Thanks!