Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Advanced launcher exits back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi;

I installed firefox to my ubuntu system and then create a shortcut. WhenI try to open with advanced launcher, advanced launcher starts and xmbc screens get small and after that get full screen again. Only in one second.

The advanced launcer exits back by itself.

Do you now hoe can i fix it?
Looks like you do not have configured well your launcher to start Firefox. Advanced Launcher minimize XBMC, try to start Firefox, but for a reason fail, and so restore XBMC into full screen.
Could you post here the content of your launchers.xml file (using pastebin service). Then I will surely be able to help you with your problem.
Hi
firefox installs to a folder called firefox-3.6.24 (depending on ver)
So if you used
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox /home/xbmc/shortcuts/firefox
to create your shortcut, launcher wont find the firefox files
you should have used
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24 /home/xbmc/shortcuts/firefox
instead
Wozza
(2012-03-13, 04:42)Wozza_au Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
firefox installs to a folder called firefox-3.6.24 (depending on ver)
So if you used
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox /home/xbmc/shortcuts/firefox
to create your shortcut, launcher wont find the firefox files
you should have used
Code:
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24 /home/xbmc/shortcuts/firefox
instead
Wozza
Why do you create a shortcut? That's not necessary. From Advanced Launcher you just have to create the stand-alone launcher and select the firefox executable (/usr/lib/firefox or /usr/bin/firefox or /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.24) when Advanced Launcher ask you for the application.
Meh!I just followed a tut on here somewhere and the same thing happened to me..... just assumed that arkaplanda used the same tut.
Beside the shortcut may help with any permission/access issues....just another way to skin a cat

(2012-03-13, 14:25)Wozza_au Wrote: [ -> ]Meh!I just followed a tut on here somewhere and the same thing happened to me..... just assumed that arkaplanda used the same tut.
Beside the shortcut may help with any permission/access issues....just another way to skin a cat
It will not change the permission access. If an user do not have acces to a file, it will also not have access to it from its shortcuts. Undecided