Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Confluence Eden (Add Genre Icons)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Is there a way of adding genre icons and genre fanart?
Hey wilson,

take my MOD... Big Grin
HowTo:
http://www.xbmchub.com/oldforums/viewtop...f=38&t=601

Or see here:
https://github.com/mad-max/skin.moddedco...cbc8f7168d

PS: Still some days left until the wedding Nod

max
heres a request for your mod. tvgenrefanart tvgenres. Smile

I got it to work with your mod without any problem thanks,
as for seeing how to add it too the original im a bit confused
because the ViewVideoShowcase.xml doesn't exist.
ViewVideoShowcase.xml can be replaced by any other viewtype...
In standard Confluence take a look at the includes in ViewsVideoLibrary.xml

mad-max
Hey guys I'm sorry I'm a bit of a noob.

Is there a way to add genre icons and fanarts to music genre.
You checked the link to github?
Basically you need to get thes images in a music view and extend the <visible> for Container.Content(Genre)
Ok so I had a look at your git and how it is done in other skins. You were a great help. I would like to send you a look to what I did and if you would be so kind as too look at it for me and let me know if there are any bugs? I also looked at placing a cdcase around the album image like its done in the lite mod.

Please please please can you look at it for me?

Let me know if that's ok.
Sure, upload it and I review...
Screenshots don't show up...
Will take a look at the code later on...
Hello,

I'm very new to XBMC and I'm struggling to get these "genres" icons updated in the interface.
I've already tried with Confluence and Confluence Modded skins on Win7, but without success.
(Great work by the way on the skins !!)

The icons are posted in the directory Users/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/addons/skin.moddedconfluence/media/moviegenres but they don't show up in the XBMC screens (i've already quit the application several times, reinstalled it from scratch, but it won't work).

Is there a particular setting that needs to be updated??

I've been browsing several threads but could not find the root cause of the issue...

Any help/hint is very much welcome!
Thx

Did you change genre view to showcase?
At least in my mod It's the only supported view for genre artwork
Hello Mad Max
Well, yes i did, but it's not working either.
What's weird is that the only skin where i succeeded in having the genres icons displayed is the convergence (there is an option to activate in the settings for displaying the genre icons) but i prefer the confluence horizontal one, so i'd like to make it work there as well.

I tried several times with other skins (confluence, confluence lite-mod and confluence mo)d, each time posting the icons in the appropriate directory but it does not seem to work.

Am i missing something??

thx

It's not enough to store the images somewhere, you have to edit the xml files.

I've done it with another skin, maybe it helps. The code is more or less the same, but I don't know where it belongs in Confluence.

See here
No need touching xmls as he is using my mod that is capable of this feature
Pages: 1 2 3