Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with TMDB and Movie Sets Posters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I contacted TMDB support to report that movie sets never retrieve their own posters instead they only choose one from the movies ramdomly.

They said that I should report it to XBMC team that they rechecked their database and everything was fine on their side.

Thanks!
That's why there is an option to pick your backgrounds and thumbnail covers in the page for 'sets' skin depending. If you don't like the auto choice... change it. TMDB deals with quite a few different media managers.. not sure if there is a flag for preferred artwork at this point in either... perhaps someday.
(2012-03-14, 17:05)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]That's why there is an option to pick your backgrounds and thumbnail covers in the page for 'sets' skin depending. If you don't like the auto choice... change it. TMDB deals with quite a few different media managers.. not sure if there is a flag for preferred artwork at this point in either... perhaps someday.

The only problem i have with that is that to change the set poster you have to go out and get your own image, its not like you have the option to pick from the covers from the movies. You would need to navigate to the movies and then pick the correct one.

It would be good that when you went to the context menu for sets, that by default, it listed the thumbs from the movies in that set.

Hi, I know there's an option to manually pick.

But the movie sets have their own posters in TMDB and XBMC is not retrieving any one of them.

XBMC just picks one from the movies instead.

Isn't this a wrong behaviour?

If TMDB has the correct Movie Sets posters and backgrounds, isn't it easy to fix?

Sorry if I'm bothering, I'm not asking it to be done now, I'm just reporting.
XBMC doesn't yet support querying for set information other than the set name.

We could look into this after Eden perhaps.
Oh I see. I thought the scraper could get every info that's on TMDB website. I didn't know movie sets info were different than movies.
Any updates into this yet? perhaps it could be implemented into Frodo before it is 100% finished
(2012-12-30, 18:12)digitaltomj Wrote: [ -> ]Any updates into this yet? perhaps it could be implemented into Frodo before it is 100% finished

nope it will be for 13.0