Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Clone ATV issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was working on this today as Ive never done it and managed to do everything until I reached terminal on my windows with PuTTy and Ive ran the command

Code:
chown -R mobile.mobile /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC

it appears to run through but every file gives me an "operation Not Permitted" problem like so...

Code:
chown: changing ownership of `/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC': Operation not permitted

the addons are in XBMC but none of them appear to be working, some do but Sportsdevil for example wont find any content when on the other ATV I copied this from it was working fine, has anyone ran into this problem before? Ive tried a few things like CHMOD all fill in the XBMC folder to 777 (not sure if thats a good idea).

Im not sure what to login to with putty, Ive used mobile with alpine as the password (which gave me this), Ive tried logging in as root but when I run the command nothing happens it just skips to the next line in PuTTy.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Login as root and the command is chown -R mobile:mobile, not mobile.mobile like in your paste. Its : not .
If it just skips to the next line, the command has been executed correctly.
(2012-03-16, 09:18)Maetrik Wrote: [ -> ]Login as root and the command is chown -R mobile:mobile, not mobile.mobile like in your paste. Its : not .
If it just skips to the next line, the command has been executed correctly.

K thanks, have been running it as mobile.mobile, Ill try it again, all plugins should be functional if successful correct?
I dont know as you didnt provide any logs. But if you copied over the whole folder and the permissions are correct and you're using same iOS and XBMC version, then there definetly is chance that they will Wink
mobile.mobile is the same as mobile:mobile. If it doesn't complain about one of those typings it will work.
Oh really? Good to know.