Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Show Custom Season Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Is there an official process that has to take place to make this a feature request? Or is it already considered a request just by being posted in this forum?
This would also be great for other series like:

---- Season 1 -> Book 1: Water
---- Season 2 -> Book 2: Earth
---- Season 3 -> Book 3: Fire

Spartacus
---- Season 1 -> Blood and Sand
---- Prequel -> Gods of the Arena
---- Season 2 -> Vengeance
---- Season 3 -> War of the Damned
I would also like to request this feature...I have a number of shows which could benefit from being able to custom name seasons (ex: Survivor)
Hi,

I'd like to request this too, I'm building up a fair collection of training videos and I'd like to be and to see them all as seasons of the same "show" with the season being a course name.

For example:

Training courses
... Cisco ICND1
...... Video 1
... VMware
...... Video 1

Thanks
this would be a great addition. as how i have my ufc set up in xbmc i have poster and fanart on a season level, the ability to add a description and change the season name to the event name would be great. as it seems i still can't add fanart/poster on an episode level it thought this would at least let me dummy the list out. with fanart/poster, and ability to add description and change the season name i can at least on the season level hit "p" and play the event without going into the episode level. guess for aesthetics really i thought this would look nice. unfortunately my coding skills are limited and i wouldn't have the slightest clue as to where to start to implement what i seem to think would be a small change.
Read Video_library/Home_and_custom_videos (wiki) << especially the links at bottom.

Do your legwork ppl.
(2014-01-03, 10:11)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Read Video_library/Home_and_custom_videos (wiki) << especially the links at bottom.

Do your legwork ppl.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see anything there about custom Season names. I know I would like them for certain shows. For example Survivor would benefit from names like Survivor: Heroes vs Villains, or Survivor: Borneo instead of Season 1.
(2013-05-21, 07:25)StevenS Wrote: [ -> ]This would also be great for other series like:

---- Season 1 -> Book 1: Water
---- Season 2 -> Book 2: Earth
---- Season 3 -> Book 3: Fire

Spartacus
---- Season 1 -> Blood and Sand
---- Prequel -> Gods of the Arena
---- Season 2 -> Vengeance
---- Season 3 -> War of the Damned

Or Torchwood:
---- Season 1 -> Season 1
---- Season 2 -> Season 2
---- Season 3 -> Children of Earth
---- Season 4 -> Miracle Day

I would also like to see a custom season name feature.
Season folders can be named whatever you want in XBMC at file level but when its scanned to lib I think it default to what the TVDB offers (so the TVDB need to offer custom names also if not its unlikely XBMC can override this graciously), essentially season folder at file level are ignored so naming them is allowed. thoughh like I said, it wont translate to Library.
I don't care about my file view, I want them in my database and with that special name. Wink
Best would be, if it would be possible to name the season and add a an additional explanation as well to the season*.nfo.
A lot series release a "in this season" description. As long, as there's no scraper or way to do that automatically, I would do it with a editor.
A long time there was no music video scraper at all and the music video feature was still available. So it would be an advanced feature but would make some users happy.
I suppose you can, I dont use nfos anyway. but ya clearly you have no developers wanting to do this. For similar jobs I suggested something over a year ago and it has 0 traction.
Theoretically I'm interested and it is a lot easier now than it was a few months ago (back then we didn't even store seasons, we just looked at the season number of the existing episodes) but supporting it in the scraper will be difficult. Having an option to manually set a name in the user interface (like changing the title) wouldn't be that difficult. Unfortunately I'm very short on time right now and it won't make it into Gotham anyway.
@Montellese

Your interest is enough, time frame I bet ppl can wait a bit longer, and in that case can we have file level season art to match?

* un1versal trying to sneak my request in... for Gotham +1

In any case thank you.
(2014-01-09, 12:02)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]@Montellese

Your interest is enough, time frame I bet ppl can wait a bit longer, and in that case can we have file level season art to match?

* uNiversal trying to sneak my request in... for Gotham +1

In any case thank you.

And that's the best way to get developers to become desinterested in an idea again. Being able to change the name of a season in XBMC's GUI and the ability to pick up artwork from the filesystem are completely different topics and make the request at least 10 times more difficult and time consuming.
One request is nothing to do with the other I am aware of difference. that's why my posts ends at, in any case thank you!

That means thank you, both for your past work and future work irrespective if you take my request or not.

So here it, unconditional thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6