Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Auto Update Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im not sure if I searched well enough for an answer for this, but as far as I know is the only way to auto update library is this an addon that you have to start manually everytime you open XBMC. You would think by now they would include this as an option by default as a feature that XBMC can do by its self. Or have a monitor folder option so as soon as my new TV show downloads it updates to the Library. I may be way off here but I don't think this is option, and im a little unsure why.

Anyone else?
You haven't indeed searched enough Wink

There is an add-on that auto updates your library at set intervals without any manual starting.
When you are using XBMC Eden11.0 you can install this from the XBMC -repo and is listed under programs
As far as I can tell, Add-on:XBMC Library Auto Update (wiki) does not need to be manually ran each time
This is what use but I believe that it does not auto start with xbmc, you have to go into programs and start it up after xbmc loads
(2012-03-17, 05:15)thebusiness Wrote: [ -> ]This is what use but I believe that it does not auto start with xbmc, you have to go into programs and start it up after xbmc loads

You might wanna read the manual first
XBMC_Library_Auto_Update (wiki)
Settings->Video->Update Library On Startup.

As for Library Auto Update Addon, if it doesn't start with xbmc you can open the home.xml file for your skin and add something similiar to:
Code:
<onload condition="system.hasaddon(script.artistslideshow)">RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>
No he should read the info about the add-on.

Runs perfectly fine on startup and at set intervals
I get errors on startup as well for this addon.

Code:
21:23 T:5076   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
21:21:23 T:5076   ERROR: Error Contents: global name 'os' is not defined
21:21:23 T:5076   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                AutoUpdater().runProgram()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 42, in runProgram
                                                self.runStandard()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 58, in runStandard
                                                self.runUpdates()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 111, in runUpdates
                                                self.writeLastRun()
                                              File "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\service.libraryautoupdate\service.py", line 126, in writeLastRun
                                                if(not os.path.exists(xbmc.translatePath(self.datadir))):
@thebusiness

As was posted by Martijn several times, the Library Auto Update addon does not need to be started manually, although launching manually through the Programs area is an option. Reasoning behind why this functionality is not included within the core XBMC program is found in various threads on this forum - including some very at length descriptions of cross-platform folder monitoring. Reading through this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66348 will give you some background on that discussion.

@Monkeypox

If you are having issues with the addon please post a debug log. I will be happy to take a look at any problems as I have tested the addon on many of the Eden Beta and RC versions and there is a working version for Dharma as well. I monitor this thread for feature requests/questions. Please post the log there. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119520