Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do I create movie sets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read this entry http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Movie_sets and I'm running the proper scrapper but none of my movies are in sets. I've looked through the settings but haven't seen anything that would turn sets on or off.

Is there something that I'm missing?
You don't need to do anything in Eden RC2 or higher other than scan using themoviedb.org. Movies will then automatically have their set, er, set.

You need at least 2 movies in the same set before it will group them together, plus ensure you have the "group by sets" option turned on in settings->video->library.

Cheers,
Jonathan
(2012-03-18, 02:59)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]...plus ensure you have the "group by sets" option turned on in settings->video->library.

That's exactly what I was missing...thanks!
that applies to new scans... what about movies that we already have in our database?

(2012-03-18, 02:59)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to do anything in Eden RC2 or higher other than scan using themoviedb.org. Movies will then automatically have their set, er, set.

You need at least 2 movies in the same set before it will group them together, plus ensure you have the "group by sets" option turned on in settings->video->library.

Cheers,
Jonathan

(2012-03-18, 15:32)Radikaltimes Wrote: [ -> ]that applies to new scans... what about movies that we already have in our database?

Do a rescan or use a third party add-on or tool to create the sets.
(2012-03-18, 16:05)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-18, 15:32)Radikaltimes Wrote: [ -> ]that applies to new scans... what about movies that we already have in our database?

Do a rescan or use a third party add-on or tool to create the sets.

Ok .. when i move to RC2 i will do a fresh install .. have over 1K in the database .. and going one by one will take some time Smile

thank you

I didn't have to rescan, I just turned grouping on and the collections were created. I think it will work as long as the initial scan was done with tmdb in eden.

i dont have this option on my library. do i miss anything here ?
Strike07: are you running XBMC v11 (Eden) RC2?
Before I upgraded to Eden I had to:
1) edit the nfo manually
This meant opening the .nfo file with notepad, creating a set (<set>The Godfather Trilogy</set>) and listing the film's order in the set (<sorttitle>Godfather 3</sorttitle>)
2) remove the movie from the library
3) restart xbmc,
4) rescan for new files

...truth be told I haven't got any new movie sets since the upgrade so not sure how much the scrapers do or not...but as long as your doing what has been stated above and nothing is working yet, try removing them from the library and rescaning...and if all else fails try my steps above

(If you need help making nfos, just export your video library into separate files)