Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there a way to disable subtitles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to disable subtitles? I've been using t on the keyboard but is there a way to Permanently disable it?
while playing a video you can call the video settings and disable the subtitles and then do "apply to all"
(2012-03-18, 04:37)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]while playing a video you can call the video settings and disable the subtitles and then do "apply to all"

How do I get into the video setting, I pressed M and nothing happens?

or hit ENTER
Should be the same as M
(2012-03-18, 04:42)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]or hit ENTER
Should be the same as M

When I hit enter it just pauses the video (using Eden)
Hold the middle button on the atv remote for 5 seconds or so, then scroll right, to volume settings.
(2012-03-18, 04:57)yeroc1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Hold the middle button on the atv remote for 5 seconds or so, then scroll right, to volume settings.

I'm not using atv It's on my PC, I'm going to guess and say it must be windows 8 preview that is the problem. I will be switching back to windows 7 soon enough though.

press "M" to bring up the OSD (the one with play,stop,next, etc on it) then select this button off to the right

Then this window pops up and de-select "Enable Subtitles" then click "Set as default for all movies"

And if you want later you can toggle them on and off for a single movie with the S key
(2012-03-18, 05:25)Jezz_X Wrote: [ -> ]press "M" to bring up the OSD (the one with play,stop,next, etc on it) then select this button off to the right

Then this window pops up and de-select "Enable Subtitles" then click "Set as default for all movies"

And if you want later you can toggle them on and off for a single movie with the S key

Stupid me I thought that was just for volume controls not subtitles, that worked thanks!

yeah its just general audio settings of which subtitles seem to fit into since its an audio replacement
Wow, im a total moron for not knowing to scroll down a little further to "Set default for all movies". Been using Frodo for a few months now, casually curious on how to disable this full time. But I do like the idea of having it enabled by default (one less thing for deaf / impaired to worry about).
Seriously, how is this not a global setting?
(2014-01-13, 13:49)bsg1 Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, how is this not a global setting?
+1
Kodi bells on Windows 8, pressing the L key turns the subtitles on and off for me.
I did everything you said, fixed that time. However, if I am watching a series...every episode I find myself toggling off these damn subtitles, what's up! do I need to reboot after?
Pages: 1 2