Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback issues if video area is not visible (audio stutter)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all^^ I really love xbmc and don't want to miss it anymore! But now to my issue starting with a very short system overview:

CPU: Athlon x2 4850e
RAM: 2GB
GPU: Geforce 6600 with nvidia drivers (290)

System: Gentoo Kernel 3.2.6
XBMC: 11-pre 2012.03.19 (opdenkamp master with pvr)
Skin: Aeon MQ 3

If I watch a video or live tv and browse any menu completely hiding the video area the audio begins to stutter after a while (15-60 seconds).
As soon as the video is visible again it tries to cach up (fast playback) to the current timestamp.
This normally won't happen with the default confluence skin as it shows the video in the background, but with the aeon mq 3 skin this is a huge issue as the video isn't shown in many of the menues.

Without knowing about the code it looks like if theres no video pane the decoded frame fill a buffer till it's full causing audio to drop/stop.

I don't have this issue on windows so I wonder if there's a possible solution for my gentoo box.

Maybe anyoned experienced or noticed the same?
Just wanted to throw my two cents in here. I've had this problem since at least Dharma and the same is true in Eden. It's never been enough of a problem for me to report because I rarely browse around while a video is playing. In the rare event that I do, the audio starts stuttering after a while. I assume this is exacerbated by high def content or perhaps just high bitrate stuff. I'm running an Acer Revo 1600 for what it's worth (Atom 270 / Nvidia ION, 2GB).