Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Windows] Auto Hot Key does not work in Eden in Windows 8? (solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I first heard of AutoHotKey from this forum and it revolutionized how I use the computer...the ability to create my own shortcuts or to program buttons on my ir remote is simply perfect for a minimal HTPC setup...

However, recently I decided to give windows 8 a try (a vast improvement in my book after a few registry tweaks) I re-installed all my programs but when it came to xbmc I opted for Eden (11.0 RC2) rather then the current stable version...Now, I got AutoHotKey scripts running flawlessly and doing things like adjusting the volume with the combo (alt+f6,f7, and f8) but for some reason it just refuses to work when the XBMC window is in focus...This is a big problem for me because my remote control cant work the volume with out AHK...the problem only occurs when xbmc is focused...Now to clarify, I am running XBMC in admin mode because windows 8 wouldn't let me do some things without being in admin mode...is this part of the problem? Someone please help me there seems to be too many variables to figure this out myself. I am not sure if the problem is XBMC Eden, or windows 8...either way, these 2 need to play well together.
Wow, Nevermind guys...The problem was that I was auto running xbmc in admin mode...once I ran it in normal mode my AHK scripts started working like normal...guess I will just have to only run admin mode when I know I need to