Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Settings > Display Mode > Full Screen #2 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello folks,

How can i get XBMC to open in full screen to monitor number 2 (my TV)? The only available option in settings is either 'Full Screen #1' or Windowed' which opens in screen one and has to be dragged to screen two and resized. There is no option for 'Full Screen #2'.

I am running XBMCbuntu (10.1) and have the dual screen set-up already configured thanks to a big help from a member of the Linux UK forum.

I am using the machine to perform both duties of deskto PC through a monitor and media center through the TV.

Many thanks.
debug log probably the next step.

Though is the other screen on and connected before you start XBMC?
debug log? Is that the selection in settings?

The other screen is on and operating prior to switch on or starting xbmc
having the EXACT same issue! Except with windows and OSX!

How do you activate XBMC to fullscreen to the second monitor??
(2012-03-23, 01:11)apachehaovk Wrote: [ -> ]having the EXACT same issue! Except with windows and OSX!

How do you activate XBMC to fullscreen to the second monitor??

Assuming your display drivers are setup for a second monitor and it's on when you start XBMC, just select Full Screen #2 in the video settings. If you don't see that option your graphics drivers are not set up properly.
That makes sense, though mine all appears in order.

I have a HTPC built around a H67 chipset itx motherboard. The two displays are driven from the motherboard, Disply 1 through DVI to the PC monitor, Display 2 through HDMI to the TV.

I am running XBMCbuntu and thanks to some help from the Linux UK forum have the two screens configured. Except XBMC is presently not picking it up in its inbuilt settings. I may be able to get around it through the Linux side of things but would rather the program did it.

If I do end up having to configure it through inux (if I can) I'll post the results on here.