Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: SettingsCategory - get labels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to do something different with the group 3 stuff and would really like to be able to get the labels but Control.GetLabel(-100) doesn't return anything.

Is there a way to retrieve these controls?

ie ControlGroup(3).GetLabel(-100)

Or am I just going to have to revert to showing the actual strings with visible conditions?

Thanks.
What do you want to achieve exactly? I also tried to get the label of the group but it seems impossible.
I'd like a horizontal wraplist that's centrally focused. Rolleyes
Well, you don't know how many there are in each category, so even if you could get them (which I presume you probably can) you'd need to know how many there are anyway, though I guess you could check for empty labels or something.

Control.GetLabel(-100) is what you want - not sure whether it'll go through or not though!
(2012-03-23, 00:31)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like a horizontal wraplist that's centrally focused. Rolleyes

I have tried something like that (tried using horizontal grouplist with 3 items) but I did not like navigation when spincontrol is active in grouplist="5". I.e. with buttons, pressing right would move focus to new section, but with spincontrol you move to "texturedown" first, which I found a bit annoying and confusing.

Maybe it's just me.
(2012-03-23, 00:56)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Control.GetLabel(-100) is what you want - not sure whether it'll go through or not though!

First thing I tried and it doesn't return anything - is it because it's a negative or something else?

Thanks.
Yeah, that's exactly the issue.

Not sure how to best handle this - I'm not sure if a container can give everything needed to operate things. Will ponder.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Update: I've managed to by-pass the hard-coded default control using <onload>Control.SetFocus(7000)</onload> so my wraplist gets focus and I've manually filled the labels because GetLabel doesn't work but I've now stumbled upon another problem - I can't get the wraplist to control the grouplist and change the sections.

Neither Control.Move or Control.Message work.

Ideas?

Thanks.
Use grouplist for nav and send control.move to wraplist? Hide grouplist off screen or with fade anim.
Already tried that but the grouplist can't/wont send them.
It only works with a script, I made a very simple one for my skin.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.
(2012-03-23, 20:06)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Already tried that but the grouplist can't/wont send them.

It does send for me, on home screen at least. Haven't tried with system one.

Uuops, I stand corrected. I'm using grouplist but control.move is sent by container inside it.
@pecinko: They only work when you get to the ends - in-between they do nothing.

@black: As above, it only worked when I reached the ends so I made a button that controlled both the grouplist (via your script) and the wraplist and it all works. Laugh

Many thanks.

EDIT: It's a shame we can't swap these grouplists for normal lists if we want.
Why do we need a script to move the grouplist when Control.Move should do the job?

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2