Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WIP] HTPC-Manager Beta, Manage XBMC, Sabnzbd, SickBeard with one app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having trouble connecting transmission, what do I need to input in RPC url?
(2015-02-24, 00:43)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having trouble connecting transmission, what do I need to input in RPC url?

Can anyone help? Have tried this with /transmission/rpc still wont connect. I have a password set in settings.json I have no idea what it is though as I havent set this. I've tried transmission as pw username blank.

EDIT1: Ok from looking at the logs it seems the port wasn't actually filled out when it appeared it was. Default port not set as shown? Or is it meant to be an example. Either way confusing.
EDIT2: /transmission/ needs to be in rpc url. Despite the "test" passing it still wouldnt fetch any data without this.
Try with just transmission, if that doesnt work you need to check that the checkbox for allow remote access. If thats ok, open the webui.
(2015-03-10, 01:41)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-24, 00:43)Morphy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having trouble connecting transmission, what do I need to input in RPC url?

Can anyone help? Have tried this with /transmission/rpc still wont connect. I have a password set in settings.json I have no idea what it is though as I havent set this. I've tried transmission as pw username blank.

EDIT1: Ok from looking at the logs it seems the port wasn't actually filled out when it appeared it was. Default port not set as shown? Or is it meant to be an example. Either way confusing.
EDIT2: /transmission/ needs to be in rpc url. Despite the "test" passing it still wouldnt fetch any data without this.

The default port is just a placeholder, you need to specify your port in the input field.
As mentioned by Hellow, make sure the web interface is enabled in transmission and you can open it in your browser.
(2015-03-10, 11:05)styxit Wrote: [ -> ]The default port is just a placeholder, you need to specify your port in the input field.
As mentioned by Hellow, make sure the web interface is enabled in transmission and you can open it in your browser.

Thanks both yes I have it connecting now. Had to put /transmission/ in rpc URL. Maybe its because I'm running the dark theme it looked like I had already set the port. Maybe you could look at changing the placeholders to be a different font colour or next to the field instead of in it? Would save some silly confusions Wink
What theme was this?
(2015-03-10, 13:30)hellow Wrote: [ -> ]What theme was this?
Can't remember the exact name, its dark grey. Wont be able to check until later either.
No need, it's slate theme then Smile
That's it
i have been having something odd happening recently where HTPC manager presents me with the screen below. the only method of getting back to normal is to re-install.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0xug8lynnjrf8...n.jpg?dl=0

do we have any clue what is going on?
A username and password is set. Start htpc-manager with -resetauth
But why is this being triggered?
(2015-03-23, 04:46)ylafont Wrote: [ -> ]But why is this being triggered?

I bet it is the browser automatically inserting it, i had that problem on one of my computers. Should be easy to test.

Download a program that can read the db, manually delete app_username and app_password from the settings table. Try changing anything in the general tab, save. Check the db again.
Just discovered HTPC- Manager and absolutely love it.

Quick question though.

I noticed the default HTPC manager doesnt have support for headphones.

How does one switch from the standard HTPC github to hellows fork?
really great application, love it ! Nod
Being a very visual person, is there any word on themes/templates developing, since I saw a Style section with theme and template support ? it would be great to develop themes and change the looks a little since it already do a great job pulling and displaying info from our favorite apps.

Great work !