Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stream desktop to xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I have a apple tv running Ubuntu with xbmc.
I was wondering if there is a way to view my laptop's ubuntu desktop on the tv through xbmc on the apple tv?

Thank you
Don' t want to spoil it for you, but your AppleTV has 256 MB RAM...
(2012-03-24, 01:27).:B:. Wrote: [ -> ]Don' t want to spoil it for you, but your AppleTV has 256 MB RAM...

So does the much weaker ARM-powered ATV2, and that can do exactly that (just not within XBMC... yet)
(2012-03-23, 21:22)teutate Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
I have a apple tv running Ubuntu with xbmc.
I was wondering if there is a way to view my laptop's ubuntu desktop on the tv through xbmc on the apple tv?

Thank you

You could just run a VNC client on the ATV1. It wouldn't be smooth and fluid, but it would allow you to do things like basic presentations, web browsing, etc.
(2012-03-24, 01:59)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]You could just run a VNC client on the ATV1. It wouldn't be smooth and fluid, but it would allow you to do things like basic presentations, web browsing, etc.

Right, so I could start it by sshing in the atv.. But I was actually wondering if there was a plugin for this in xbmc?