Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [XBMCBuntu] HP D530 SFF with a Geforce FX5200 PCI card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to install XBMC on a HP D530 SFF system which is a P4 System with 512Mb RAM - much quicker than my ATV2!

I realised the onboard graphics was not up to speed (supposedly), So I've installed a PCI Geforce FX5200Mb 128Mb that I had lying around and had to reinstall its driver from NVidia's site (way back @ v173.)

vcpu is now floating around 50% when playing 720 MKV's, but it's is still choppy.

Looking at the stats, it seems to be the Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz. Maxed out for some reason.
The CPU in the system info page is also at 100% even when nothings playing, is it not recognising it correctly? Does XBMC need to?

I thought a P4 2.66Ghz system with 128Mb GPU would be OK although I realise it probably is borderline and 1080p would be pointless.

Any suggestions? I tried OpenElec, but I get problems installing it due to Monitor 'Out of Range' problems. (asked on their forum about it).
Dirty regions are also enabled. Tried '1' and '3'. No real difference.