Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable subtitle styles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

First of all, congratulations for the software, it's really awesome.

My problem is the following. I'm using XBMC on my iPod 4G and playing videos of my computer through SMB. It's all ok, i have played 720p videos with ASS/SSA subtitle track inside a mkv file and it plays fine, even getting the font style of the ASS/SSA file (that's really awesome). The problem is when i try to play the same video, but in 1080p. It lags a lot and it's not possible to watch the video properly. I've noticed it's subtitles fault, because i disable the subtitles and then it plays smoothly.

That's surely because the player has activated the option to allow animation when buffering. That option allows the player to 'decode' subtitle styles and display it with the embebbed fonts and styles, but it uses resources, so my iPod 4G can't do that and playing a 1080p file smoothly at the same time.

The question is if there is any way to say the software to play the subtitles by default, not using the fonts embebbed with the mkv and the styles of SSA/ASS, but just displaying the subtitles with a default font with border and nothing more, because i think that's the only way for me to play a 1080p mkv file with subtitles.

Thank you for all!