Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Demand 5 UK plugin error following eden 11 update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I use the Demand 5 plugin from http://nibor-xbmc-repo.googlecode.com/fi....nibor.zip (nibor's repo) to watch various austrailian soaps via xbmc, hic Smile

But since xbmc updated to 11.00 final, this plugin has stopped working and gives a script error.

Anyone know if this can be resolved quickly and easily ?

Same problem as you. Also 4od and BBC iPlayer are giving script error since the update.
Damn, was hoping it was just me Sad

I'm having to resort to using Demand 5 via the web which forces you to watch ad's Sad

I hope they get this fixed soon, may have to remove and re-install the rc-2 build of xbmc..

I've pm'ed Nibor, hopefully he'll respond soon
At least ITV Player is still OK though !
I have same problem too running Windows 7

Both Demand 5 & 4 oD give Script Error after update to EDEN final

For me ITV & iplayer work fine
(2012-03-26, 11:10)tricky2lu Wrote: [ -> ]Both Demand 5 & 4 oD give Script Error after update to EDEN final

I fixed the issue by modifying the 'default.py' file for both the plugins.
I changed this line:
Code:
geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( "T:"+os.sep,"addon_data", gPluginName,'cache' )) )
to
Code:
geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join("special://home","addon_data", gPluginName,'cache' )) )

It seems to work for me though I'm new to xbmc so don't really know what I'm doing Smile
Actually, BBC iPlayer is working OK. I don't know why I thought it wasn't ! I am going to try the potential fixes above and see what gives.
(2012-03-26, 12:20)alnicol Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-26, 11:10)tricky2lu Wrote: [ -> ]Both Demand 5 & 4 oD give Script Error after update to EDEN final

I changed this line:
Code:
geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( "T:"+os.sep,"addon_data", gPluginName,'cache' )) )
to
Code:
geturllib.SetCacheDir( xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join("special://home","addon_data", gPluginName,'cache' )) )

It seems to work for me though I'm new to xbmc so don't really know what I'm doing Smile

Brilliant Stuff ....well done this Works !!

Thanks so much
(2012-03-26, 12:20)alnicol Wrote: [ -> ]

I changed this line:
Code:
to
Code:

Thanks, this worked for me for Denand 5 but I'm still getting a script error on 4od

stammie i fixed 4od for you lol

ignore that its was itv wasnt it
The post from "alnicol" 2 or 3 above mine worked perfectly from 4OD and 5 Demand on Eden 11.0

Thank you very much for the heads up.

Cheers
Will this be rolled out as an update, as not everyone is competant to mess around with python?
(2012-03-27, 03:34)falafael Wrote: [ -> ]Will this be rolled out as an update, as not everyone is competant to mess around with python?

+1
(2012-03-27, 03:34)falafael Wrote: [ -> ]Will this be rolled out as an update, as not everyone is competant to mess around with python?

I just edited it in notepad, fairly easy to do
(2012-04-01, 11:40)rossglass Wrote: [ -> ]

I just edited it in notepad, fairly easy to do

I was kinda meaning more along the lines of nibor adding fixes to the repo, as falaf says not everyone is able to do so and is the nibor repo even still in active use?

Are you posting your Working default.py for those who haven't managed to get it working yet? Smile
Pages: 1 2