Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: RSS Editor won't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm at my wit's end. I'm using Win7 (32bit) and my RSSEditor won't work. I have logged the error. the RSS Editor causes the error (script failed: script.rss.editor failed) Now glancing at the log with the little knowledge (read: none) I have I thought that maybe these files weren't there. But checking the appropriate folders revealed that they indeed exist.
I tried reinstalling everything but the error remains.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I'm also using the newest EDEN version if that is of any help.

Code:
11:48:04 T:364  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - The source file to load is C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\default.py
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Setting the Python path to C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.simplejson\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pil\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\addons\script.module.pysqlite\lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\DLLs;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\Lib;C:\Program Files\XBMC\python26.zip;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\plat-win;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files\XBMC;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python;C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\python\lib\site-packages;
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: XBPyThread::Process - Entering source directory C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor
11:48:04 T:364   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.rss.editor" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
11:48:04 T:364  NOTICE: [SCRIPT] 'RSS Editor: version 2.0.0' initialized!
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\resources\lib\rssEditor.py:13: DeprecationWarning: object.__init__() takes no parameters
                                              xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog.__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
11:48:04 T:364  NOTICE: [SCRIPT] RSS Editor --> Could not open C:\Users\HTä\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\RssFeeds.xml. Either the file does not exist, or its                size is zero.
11:48:04 T:364    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: Error Contents: XMLParser instance has no attribute 'feedsTree'
11:48:04 T:364   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\default.py", line 20, in <module>
                                                ui = rssEditor.GUI("script-RSS_Editor-rssEditor.xml", __cwd__, "default", setNum = 'set1')
                                              File "C:\Users\HT�\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.rss.editor\resources\lib\rssEditor.py", line 16, in __init__
                                                if self.parser.feedsTree:
                                            AttributeError: XMLParser instance has no attribute 'feedsTree'
11:48:04 T:364    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
the problem is the special character (ä) in the username.

could you test if this version fixes the issue:
script.rss.editor-2.0.1

edit: found another potential encoding issue, fixed in v2.0.2:
script.rss.editor-2.0.2
Hi,
I just changed my Username to use only ASCII characters because the favorites.xml also didn't work because of the "ä".
Now it works fine. Thanks!