Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Television Shows do not scan from Files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I seem to be unable to scan my folder with TV shows in my "Files" to then appear in the "Television" menu. I have to manually go to each show folder in "Files" and <Change Content> and <Automated Scan> or for each time that I add an episode to the show folder, I have to <Scan for new Content> to have that show appear in "Television" menu.

I have a "My Videos" folder in Windows with a sub-folder for "Movies" and "Television Shows". Both folders appear in "Files" and I have been able to set the "Movies" to <Change Content> and it appears to update and scan normally.

When I scan the "Television Show" folder in "Files" it scans for a few seconds, and the then compresses the database. When I then go to the "Television" menu there are only the television shows that I had previously manually <Scan Content> on.

What am I missing, and if it is painfully obvious, would you just point me to the FAQ or post that explains it.

Thank you.
What content type and scraper are you using for your Television folder?
A Debug Log during scan for new content would give you a hint.
I figured out what the issue was. When I was setting the content for the "Files" folder, I checked the <Single Show in Folder> button. So I guess that it then looked only for one show instead of recursive through all the folders.

Thank you for your offer to help, I will leave this embarrassment for others to find as a solution as well.