Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [CrystalBuntu] MCE Remote help.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just put my crystal HD card in my ATV1 and now need to get the MCE remote working on it.

Here's where I am so far...

ATV1 remote works fine - Do I need to disable it to get the MCE remote to work?

MCE IR device shows up in dmesg logs

lsusb shows the ir device as 1784:0008, but nothing after it for a typeful name of any sorts.

Pressing buttons on the remote make the ir sensor light up.

Nothing happens in XBMC when trying to use the MCE remote, but the ATV remote works.

Can someone please give me a hand?

Thank You !
[ 47.955477] input: Apple Inc. IR Receiver as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0 /usb1/1-2/1-2:1.0/input/input4
[ 47.991021] input,hidraw3: USB HID v1.11 Device [Apple Inc. IR Receiver] on u sb-0000:00:1d.0-2
[ 48.026837] usbcore: registered new interface driver usbhid
[ 48.061968] /build/buildd/linux-2.6.24/drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: v2.6:US B HID core driver
[ 59.037963] lirc_mceusb2: Philips eHome USB IR Transciever and Microsoft MCE 2005 Remote Control driver for LIRC $Revision: 1.33 $
[ 59.102807] lirc_mceusb2: Daniel Melander <[email protected]>, Martin Blatter < [email protected]>
[ 59.399862] usb 2-1.1: reset full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
[ 59.558084] lirc_mceusb2[4]: Topseed Technology Corp. eHome Infrared Transcei ver on usb2:4
[ 59.590563] usbcore: registered new interface driver lirc_mceusb2

Here's some USB info from dmesg | grep usb
OK what a nighmare. So here's the solution, as I use a Harmony remote so I just set it up as per this instruction (the file atvclient does not exist, so the below commands will create it)

Quote:sudo nano /etc/default/atvclient
OPTIONS="-m"
sudo /etc/init.d/atvclient restart

And to map the keys and setup the device on the Harmoy Software:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55660
I know this is an old thread, but hopefully it is still monitored.
Will this code work with MCE, or does it only enable functionality for the Plex remote signals? I plugged my MCE receiver in and out of the box it will recognize the directional buttons and the power button but nothing else. I'm trying to get the rest of the remote working. I also have a Harmony that is set up for MCE keyboard presses (I use it for my Mac Mini running Windows 7/XBMC) and it will recognize all the buttons, but they seem to send multiple times, or the receiver gets stuck. When I use it, the button is recognized, but XBMC will continue to process the click over and over, until I interrupt it with the apple remote. This doesn't happen with the MCE remote, but again it only recognizes five buttons.