Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default to specific movie folder in library mode?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running XBMC 11.0 "Eden" and ive gotten it to default to the VIDEOS "tab" of the main interface

however i still have to click on "movies" from the first submenu, then choose "title" as the method to sort, before it actually loads my library of locial video files

because im trying to make this as clean a setup as i can, and controlling it via iphone remote, i would like to start from right inside that library view with all my titles the intsant XBMC loads, the less clicks to get there the better

so is there any way?

thanks!
Create an autoexec.py in your userdata folder containing:

Code:
import xbmc

xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(myvideolibrary,movietitles)")

More details on request, but you need to tell me what OS you're using.

JR
Wow thanks!

i did that and it works PERFECT! opens right up to main menu and then brings up my movie library!

thanks again!
hey i can gladly open a new topic if thats the proper etiquette on these forums, but if its ok i have a few more quick questions?

its just that you solved my issue perfectly so im sure you know the solution to these and it would be greatly appreciated!

1 - in the old 10.0 version of XBMC when in tile mode it displayed only 4 movies across and the poster art was bigger. now in 11.0 its defaulting to 6 movies across and they are much smaller. i just kind of prefer the larger posters is there any way to change it back?

2 - Is there any way to change the order of movies when dealing with a series? it seems to be alphabetical but i have a few times where a series is out of order because alphabetically the later movies have lower letters. like it goes:

Lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring
Lord of the rings the return of the king
Lord of the rings the two towers

where obviously the two towers should be second

thanks again!
Hi
If you are scraping manually and have a moviename.nfo file, you can just edit it.
For your Example it should be like this.

Lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring - just add this to your Moviename.nfo - <sorttitle>Lord of the rings CD1</sorttitle>
Lord of the rings the return of the king - just add this to your Moviename.nfo - <sorttitle>Lord of the rings CD3</sorttitle>
Lord of the rings the two towers - just add this to your Moviename.nfo - <sorttitle>Lord of the rings CD2</sorttitle>

Also using this method you can put the Movies in a set. Just add into moviename.nfo
<set>Lord of the rings</set>
This way you get on Folder - Lord of the rings - and when you click on it it opens up the set - really useful for the James Bond collection :-)
Hope that helps

Skipman
I have a slightly different problem which I thought I could solve by changing a setting within XBMC, but I guess there isn't one :/

My problem: When I click on music or movies from the home menu I want to be taken to my library's top level/root. As of now if I click on Artists->Pink Floyd, then hit Esc to go back to the main menu, and click on music I go back to the Pink Floyd folder. I would rather go back to the library's top view.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smile