Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: AVI file proble: no video, only sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Someone please help me this case.
When I tried to play AVI file, there was only sound and screen was black (but MKV file is played normally)
I tried to upgrade lastest DirectX but no work.
Here is my log file:
http://pastebin.com/AQyLHfR0
Turn off DXVA and see if it makes any difference. Also check into your AMD Radeon drivers. Do they need to be updated? There are other threads about black screens and AMD/ATI cards. You may find some useful info in one of those treads.
I don't think this is the reason, but just in case: in System settings, Video, Playback look at the "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" setting. If it's enabled, disable it.

JR
True. That could be it. I forgot about that one.
Thanks for your support. I've already tried all thing you recommended but no work. I also have latest driver for my AMD card
Does the file play properly in another player?
(2012-03-29, 15:09)Sureguy Wrote: [ -> ]Does the file play properly in another player?

Yes, of course
Someone please help me
Post what your settings are for video playback.
(2012-03-30, 09:00)kricker Wrote: [ -> ]Post what your settings are for video playback.
Here is my video setting

Video setting
Is it just this one file? Can you post the mediainfo of the file?
(2012-03-30, 15:47)DLeavy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just this one file? Can you post the mediainfo of the file?

No, not only that file. All AVI file has the same problem.
Here is the mediainfo:

General
Complete name : E:\TV show\Shaun the sheep\Shaun - The Sheep - Season 1\Shaun.The.Sheep.S01E02.Bathtime (thecodeishere).avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 106 MiB
Duration : 7mn 1s
Overall bit rate : 2 117 Kbps
Writing library : TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress Version. 4.2.3.193

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 1 917 Kbps
Width : 960 pixels
Height : 540 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.148
Stream size : 96.4 MiB (91%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.0.dev47 (UTC 2006-11-01)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 9.66 MiB (9%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 250 ms (6.25 video frames)
Interleave, preload duration : 229 ms
Unfortunately I do not have an AMD video card, so I am just stabbing at the wind here. AMD/ATI cards seem to have to worst compatibility issues with XBMC for some reason. From what I remember, most of it is due to crappy drivers on AMD/ATI's side. This is just what I've surmised over the years of reading threads dealing with video playback. There are quite a few older threads about different adjustments to the AMD/ATI drivers and XBMC advanced settings that may relate to your issue. I would set DXVA off until you even get a picture with the avi files. Maybe even try different rendering settings (the first option on the video playback options).

In system\settings\system\video output are you running true fullscreen or using a fullscreen window? Have your tried both options as well as toggling vertical sync options and just running in plain windowed mode?
(2012-03-30, 21:57)kricker Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I do not have an AMD video card, so I am just stabbing at the wind here. AMD/ATI cards seem to have to worst compatibility issues with XBMC for some reason. From what I remember, most of it is due to crappy drivers on AMD/ATI's side. This is just what I've surmised over the years of reading threads dealing with video playback. There are quite a few older threads about different adjustments to the AMD/ATI drivers and XBMC advanced settings that may relate to your issue. I would set DXVA off until you even get a picture with the avi files. Maybe even try different rendering settings (the first option on the video playback options).

In system\settings\system\video output are you running true fullscreen or using a fullscreen window? Have your tried both options as well as toggling vertical sync options and just running in plain windowed mode?
I tried all thing you said and only when changing rendering setting to software, avi file can be played normally. All other options has no effect
Well, I guess that is a start. Now to figure out why only software works for you.
Pages: 1 2