Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2012-06-14, 22:25)Ribuck Wrote: [ -> ]Shame there isn't a video of the mk802 actually running 12.04 to prove it's real, as all we can can see if a pic of a screen show 12.04 which could be running on anything.

That said would be nice to see as 12.04 is supposed to have better optimisation for Arm

Yes, it´s real, The system images are already available.
(2012-06-14, 21:58)mike41 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, if anyone is interested we are selling tablet PCBA's with the allwinner a10 chip, 512mb ram and 4gb nand flash. The boards can run android 4.0 ICS and ubuntu extremely well and hopefully, xmbc in the future aswell. To find out more please visit: gooseberry.atspace.co.uk and register your interest!

We will be selling the boards at £40 which includes a charger to power the board. The first few boards are expected to arrive in the next few weeks.

Awesome. Feel free to add a section and links to the page on our wiki: Allwinner A10 (wiki)
(2012-06-14, 10:50)Ribuck Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough, just personally thing that buying hardware would be better suited to another thread to keep the focus on mali development work

Not a bad idea, and this thread is getting pretty big. Hmmmm.
Guys, i just writed this image to the SD card
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1

and my Novo 7 Aurora just booted intro Ubuntu, it seems that is really true that all A10 deviced boot from SD first...
Awesome. I recently ordered a PineRiver Mini X, but have yet to hear anyone attempting anything with that specific unit. I'm hoping it either just works like the other A10 set top boxes, or isn't far behind. Worst comes to worse, just having android on it isn't too bad.
OK, for what ive managed to look at it using that Ubuntu image... even wifi was working (not not dns handling somehow).

Performance was good, still lacks Mali-400 hardware acceleration in desktop, and video hardware decoder is not working either.

here is a hardware/benchmark report:
http://www.clansps.net/hardinfo_report.html
(2012-06-15, 05:06)Shivansps Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, i just writed this image to the SD card
https://www.miniand.com/forums/forums/2/topics/1

and my Novo 7 Aurora just booted intro Ubuntu, it seems that is really true that all A10 deviced boot from SD first...
Told you so Wink

(2012-06-15, 05:18)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome. I recently ordered a PineRiver Mini X, but have yet to hear anyone attempting anything with that specific unit. I'm hoping it either just works like the other A10 set top boxes, or isn't far behind. Worst comes to worse, just having android on it isn't too bad.
Don't worry. You will be fine.

(2012-06-15, 06:14)Shivansps Wrote: [ -> ]OK, for what ive managed to look at it using that Ubuntu image... even wifi was working (not not dns handling somehow).

Performance was good, still lacks Mali-400 hardware acceleration in desktop, and video hardware decoder is not working either.

here is a hardware/benchmark report:
http://www.clansps.net/hardinfo_report.html
When I have time later this evening, I will see if I can point the guys to the evb.bin hardware initialisation files information and how to extract the proper one for the MK802 from android, so they can fix there memory issue.

I know Tom Cubie has the first X11 hardware drivers running and compiled, but there are still some issues. With some time you will get Hardware GLES support as well.

We're getting closer folks, 12.04 is a great step in the right direction, and even better is the fact that people have managed to boot 12.04 on tablets is making it a really exciting time ahead.
Question, I understand the RPi and All Winner devices are based on different versions of the Arm chip. However how much of the efforts of Davilla and Gimli of getting xbmc to run smoothly on the RPi will benefit the porting effort to the AllWinner chip?
Cheers
Rob
(2012-06-15, 06:14)Shivansps Wrote: [ -> ]Performance was good, still lacks Mali-400 hardware acceleration in desktop, and video hardware decoder is not working either.

Hardware decoder is not working for you Big Grin
LOL. Its not fair you got the libs and docs. Great work!!!!

(2012-06-15, 16:15)gimli Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-15, 06:14)Shivansps Wrote: [ -> ]Performance was good, still lacks Mali-400 hardware acceleration in desktop, and video hardware decoder is not working either.

I think you just made a lot of people curious, including me Wink Keep up the good work Gimli!

Rofl
How about this tablet ?
http://www.mcbub.com/item/7-Inch-AllWinn...9--147995/

Would this also work for Ubuntu 12 ? XBMC eventually ?
A13 does not have HDMI out.