Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Allwinner A10 : Is XBMC ported to MALI-400MP ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes, when it's done
Maiza, that's the only taboo question you aren't allowed to ask' and the answer will always be "when it's done". The devs are working hard to port to several platforms using the Mali chip, and I guess it bugs them when people keep asking how long it will take.

Must feel like being in a car with kids who keep asking "Are we there yet" every 2 mins lol Wink
just for any one intrested official ICS 4 is available @ http://www.mele.cn/en/web/down_list.aspx?cid=GJS

but download speed is very sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.

did any one got it ?

Ok to me, it looks like all modules are there, im not talking of 3.0.31, they are in 3.0.8+ too, the mali drm module its there, its just called drm and not mali_drm, and im not sure, but some of the modules seem related to the cedar decoder, but i think the video decoder is used by libs and not modules. Im not saying that they actually work.
So I just got my Pineriver Mini-X yesterday ( WOOHOO!), and if any alpha or beta testing needs to be conducted Wink , please feel free to let me know. Also, I did a *tiny* teardown of the device. It was far smaller than I ever imagined; as my roommate described it, "about the size of two condoms".
Here is a pic of the insides if anyone is interested:
http://i.imgur.com/H33WW.jpg
(2012-06-29, 20:37)0level Wrote: [ -> ]just for any one intrested official ICS 4 is available @ http://www.mele.cn/en/web/down_list.aspx?cid=GJS

but download speed is very sloooooooooooooooooooooooow.

did any one got it ?

2kb download speed............are they kidding........Why are mele's servers / connection so slow......it's like going back 10 years.... Sad

Update........it's slowed down to 600b/s, and the download time is estimated at 4 days..............So I wouldn't bother even trying to download. In fact, i think some string and paper cups would work better...............Shame on you Mele

Update 2
-------------
Looks like the ICS image in the download might be corrupted. http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ha...k.arm/3545
I added the download to my NAS so it can download over night. When the download finishes I will upload it to a faster host.

@minibeardeath: How is the performance of the device, does it play video smoothly?

Oh, and I found another website with some information on the A2000:
http://lundman.net/wiki/index.php/MeLe_A2000
The video playback is quite smooth, but the android interface (even on ICS) is just a bit slow. I also notice that it gets quite hot, especially when streaming HD. I've mostly been playing TV shows (SD) while I get my media server fixed up and transferred over to Windows from Linux (too many bugs, and I want netflix).

Also, I have learned that the mini-x has a different IR controller than the Mele devices, so that could be a problem with getting XBMC to work fully on the device Sad
(2012-06-30, 23:34)minibeardeath Wrote: [ -> ]The video playback is quite smooth, but the android interface (even on ICS) is just a bit slow. I also notice that it gets quite hot, especially when streaming HD. I've mostly been playing TV shows (SD) while I get my media server fixed up and transferred over to Windows from Linux (too many bugs, and I want netflix).

Also, I have learned that the mini-x has a different IR controller than the Mele devices, so that could be a problem with getting XBMC to work fully on the device Sad

See the Allwinner A10 Android thread in the off-topic subforum. They have a player suggested that correctly uses hardware playback. Playing HD on mine and it stays cool to the touch.
I will have to look at that, thanks for the heads up.
I ordered mine this weekend. I also got a chance to order a Raspberry PI, but that will be more of a NAS-project.

The only thing is, I'm completly new to linux and such, but I really want to learn. Only problem is I have no idea were to start? Is usage of the command line (terminal?) universal over Linux/Debian? What the difference between Linux, Unix, Debian, etc... I can google these questions but this is a long proces to learn. Maybe someone knows a good book or other resource for beginners?
Hi Nu7, I'm in the same boat, I desperately to get my head around Linux, just haven't had much time to investigate where to start, so I'm also on the lookout for a good begginers book.
(2012-07-02, 21:20)Ribuck Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Nu7, I'm in the same boat, I desperately to get my head around Linux, just haven't had much time to investigate where to start, so I'm also on the lookout for a good begginers book.

raspberry pi website/forum would be actually a good place to start. They are really friendly for absolute linux beginners.
It's going to be VERY easy to run XBMC on these Allwinner A10 devices...

...that's all I'm allowed to say right now...
Preloaded image I guess.

(2012-07-02, 22:21)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]It's going to be VERY easy to run XBMC on these Allwinner A10 devices...

...that's all I'm allowed to say right now...