Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trying to understand how <visible> works in Home.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm treying to do something in the Home menu, concerning the Recently Added and the use of <visible> tag on the Home menu in the upcoming version of Shade 2.4.0.

Here's some image describing what happens, so it's easier to understand :

So, you're on "Movies", Recently added and featured items appear.

When you go on the Featured or recently added items, the top bar and icons disappear (through a <visible>!Control.HasFocus(8005)+!Control.HasFocus(8006)</visible> conditions, where 8005 and 8006 are the ID of the recently and featured lists), and Plot, Title, rating ,etc appears

When I press "up" from Featured (<onup>9000</onup> in 8005 is set to 9000, the list of icons in Home.xml), the focus goes directly on the submenu "options" of movies "Genres", "Years", etc... and not on "Movies" where it should logically goes....!

Do you have any ideas ho one could do it so that the focus goes on Movies, which is the case when the top menu doesn't disappear?

Thanks a lot for any help!
<visible allowhiddenfocus="true"> perhaps? you can only focus on visible controls when not using that attribute for a control.
Thanks! That worked!

For others that look for the answer, I've put it in the definition of list id="9000", the one that disappear when you go on Featured or recently added.

Thanks again!