Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC auto login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I am using XBMc Buntu and I want the system to automatically boot straight into xbmc. Sometimes it boots to Buntu, sometimes into BusyBox were I have to restart the comp and other into screen that gives you the option of Buntu, Buntu safe mode etc.

What do I need to do.

Thanks
did you log into XBMCbuntu before you rebooted?
If so that is your problem
If you´re logged in into XBMCbuntu, do the following steps:

- logout
- login into XBMC (you´ll need your password)
- shutdown from XBMC

The next time you boot the system it should boot directly into XBMC

Greetings
Did all this but now it sometimes goes straight into busybox or gives you the option of 4 things Buntu, Buntu (recovery mode) etc. Do I need to do something for it to skip this a boot straigh into XBMC?

Thanks
are you refering to the grub menu?
(2012-04-05, 20:29)vikjon0 Wrote: [ -> ]are you refering to the grub menu?

I think so there are two screens that I get taken too. One must be the grub screen (which is like terminal) another that gives me the selection what to boot.
ok, my guess is what you see is

1) The grub2 menu where you select what to boot. If you installad on an empty disk or overwrote the disk it should not be visible.
There is a procedure to change this that you would have to google.

2) The lightdm login screen. This is after the boot. In the installer there is a checkbox "login automatically" if you checked this you should not see this screen. I am not sure what the user friendly way to change this is. you may have to edit the lightdm.conf file.

Perhaps you should just re-install? This time make sure to select "use entire disk" (or whatever the exact text is) and check the autologin.
If you do not want to use the entire disk it is sligthly more complicated to fix it. Not hard but you have study i tiny bit.