Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using a BT Keyboard? How?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

Running XBMCbuntu

Got a small USB BT Adapter and a small bluetooth keyboard, im a total linux noob, how do i pair it up and make it all work

thanks in advance
plug the dongle in, turn your keyboard on and it should be good to go...
If it doesn't you are probably missing a driver.
Which BT-Adapter is it?
I'm not sure it's a cheap tiny nano adapter, works in windows a treat
mhm - that can be difficult to find out - I'll look into it later, maybe I'll find a solution.
Maybe this will help you to get infos about the plugged device:

Type
Code:
lsusb

in a console and post what you get.

Greetings
Install the blueman app inside the ubuntu shell and get the keyboard paired and trusted using the gui.

One gotcha, if you have a USB keyboard plugged in as well, remove it before going into XBMC - the BT keyboard and USB both work fine in the shell, but once you go into XBMC it seems to ignore the BT one. I had this issue and as soon as I unplugged the USB keyboard the BT one worked fine.
(2012-04-04, 12:48)nsviper Wrote: [ -> ]One gotcha, if you have a USB keyboard plugged in as well, remove it before going into XBMC - the BT keyboard and USB both work fine in the shell, but once you go into XBMC it seems to ignore the BT one. I had this issue and as soon as I unplugged the USB keyboard the BT one worked fine.
Might be a specific issue to the dongle though. I have a usb-keyboard, a PS2-keyboard (yes, I know - it's for 'just in case' Wink ) and a BT connected at the same time - works flawless.

Great that worked, got it paired up

only thing is, when i reboot or go to use the machine another time it does not reconnect
in blueman i made sure i made the device trusted