Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Eden - addons will not install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just upgraded to Eden - whenever I choose an add-on, such as "ARTWORK DOWNLOADER" and select INSTALL, it just says "DOWNLOADING 0%" for about 10 seconds, then disappears. It won't install any of them.
Please upload Debug Log

Also check the network proxy settings
Hi sphere - here is a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/s1NFZnNN

Wasn't certain when I should start, but I basically just started the program, went to the GET ADDONS section, and tried installing a few, each of which failed.
I do see a few errors in the log...

I'm using AEON MQ3 skin, XBMC Eden, OSX 10.6.8, mac mini intel. Thanks for your help.
As for network proxy settings, I'm not familiar with this stuff, but I checked the settings and "USE AN HTTP PROXY SERVER TO ACCESS THE INTERNET" is not checked off.
(2012-04-03, 21:08)zewthenimp Wrote: [ -> ]As for network proxy settings, I'm not familiar with this stuff, but I checked the settings and "USE AN HTTP PROXY SERVER TO ACCESS THE INTERNET" is not checked off.

That's the problem *g*

You should turn this off.
(2012-04-03, 21:56)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-03, 21:08)zewthenimp Wrote: [ -> ]As for network proxy settings, I'm not familiar with this stuff, but I checked the settings and "USE AN HTTP PROXY SERVER TO ACCESS THE INTERNET" is not checked off.

That's the problem *g*

You should turn this off.

To clarify, this setting is off. It is NOT enabled.
There are also some failed-to-delete messages in log
Try this while you are superuser:
Code:
chown justin -r "/Users/justin/Library/Application Support/XBMC"

Also please be double sure that you have no firewall or similar enabled and you give xbmc network access.

Please check also if you can access this file from the same station like xbmc run on: http://ftp.hosteurope.de/mirror/xbmc.org...r/icon.png
I am able to access that file. I don't use any firewalls, just Peerguardian... I've never had a problem with it in the past but I'll try disabling it just in case.

As for that code, did you mean enter that in Terminal? If so, I did, and got this:

chown: illegal option -- r
usage: chown [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] owner[:group] file ...
chown [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] :group file ...
(2012-04-03, 22:12)zewthenimp Wrote: [ -> ]chown: illegal option -- r

OK, then use "-R" (recursive)

Does the pre-installed youtube addon work?
When I typed

chown justin -R "/Users/justin/Library/Application Support/XBMC"

I got:

No such file or directory

.......which is strange, because that directory definitely exists.

The Youtube add-on was not pre-installed, I just installed it.. Tried to open it, and got

ERROR
SCRIPT FAILED! : PLUGIN.VIDEO.YOUTUBE
Pretty much none of my add-ons work... they were buggy before Eden, now they're basically worthless. Should I just wipe everything out? Clean uninstall, and install?
Just delete it... drag the XBMC folder to the trashcan instead of using terminal commands.

Debug log doesn't contain any startup info, but I bet it's your addons.db file gotten bad.
(2012-04-03, 23:05)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Just delete it... drag the XBMC folder to the trashcan instead of using terminal commands.

Debug log doesn't contain any startup info, but I bet it's your addons.db file gotten bad.

Just delete the XBMC folder in Application Support? Or re-install the app..
Here you go. I made this as simple as possible for us.
Did a complete uninstall, install of XBMC Eden.

Here's a log of startup, going to "Addons", and trying to install YouTube (failing):

http://pastebin.com/SDEFfKrH

Youtube was not pre-installed. It said DOWNLOADING 0% and then just stopped.
Looks like your network is broken. Error 28 is Operation timed out.
(2012-04-04, 02:12)jmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like your network is broken. Error 28 is Operation timed out.

Could you explain this more? My internet works fine on that machine, I stream content over the network to and from it without problems..