Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Watching XBMC on an ipad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased an iPad. Was wondering if there was a way I could stream a movie, or music from my XBMC to my iPad? I see a few apps in the itunes store, but most of these are remotes.I am still running 10.0. I have not upgraded to Eden yet.

Thanks.

From my XBMC? Where is the "XBMC"? Can you not just install xbmc on the iPad and then point it to the same sources as the original install?
activate the upnp server on xbmc and use any upnp client from your ipad (e.x. airplayer or so)
Ok, I will try that, and doing this will enable me to actually browse my movie selection and watch a movie on my ipad?
(2012-04-02, 18:59)deanmv Wrote: [ -> ]From my XBMC? Where is the "XBMC"? Can you not just install xbmc on the iPad and then point it to the same sources as the original install?

I dont want to jail break my ipad..not yet anyway.
Yeah, I used the UPNP, but it is stuttering badly over WiFi ... I think a live trascoding feature would be very welcome, so the thing can be usable in real life.
(2012-04-02, 21:41)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]activate the upnp server on xbmc and use any upnp client from your ipad (e.x. airplayer or so)

Thanks for letting me know about UPnP Works great. I have played around with a few apps, some have nicer features then others. The one I like the best is Media Conect, thing is I can't see if the movies play, it is just a trial version. Can you recommend an app that will work well? It is only $5 but the app has gotten mixed review, dont want to spend $5 and have it not stream my movies.
no i can't (i don't use those..)
(2012-04-04, 13:33)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]no i can't (i don't use those..)

What do you use?
i use xbmc on ipad and a nfs server on my nas Wink
hey,

is there no way to browse in my XBMC library like i one of the remote Apps an the if i hit play the App ask me "ipad" or "XBMC Server"??

I also try the solution which media:connect or another UPnP Player but i dont like that.
You have to browse in the remote then open another app and seach the right file.

I think that will be a nice feature Smile to Play directly in one of the Remote Apps Smile

Andy
Its possible with current nightlies. (enable scan for other xbmc instances in the upnp settings - then longpress the item you wanna play and select the discovered xbmc instance to play it - upnp server has to be enabled on the remote xbmc instance).
does ipad have imediashare? Works well on android.
nickr ipad has imeadiashare but I haven't found any option to play media on ipad, it only can control xbmc or I couldn't figure it out how to. Search for upnp on app store! I have tried some, some are paid version so I didn't try! I had a paid app called good player - which supports upnp but the app is worst - cant play a thing! ZappoTV HD is good, but it cannot playback all files! Try Arkmc lite - can play some ... I haven't found anything perfect.
Are there any news in this area. It would be really great to be able to see eg beginning of a movie on the iPad and the rest on my TV, controlled by the same iPad. I have tried all free upnp players but noon are able to start from inside xbmc, which you want of course.
I only want to share the library and see how the addon skin.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.