Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCBuntu - Eden buffering issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

So I installed eden this weekend on my acer aspire revo 1600, which i used to have i think 10.9 on it before that and had no problems. But after hearing that eden has airplay, I was obliged to upgrade to eden.

So now on eden, i had a 480p 700mb file buffer every few seconds, as where on 10.9 i was able to stream 720p without buffering.

Also, the airplay seems to work, but the response time is quite slow, and it also stutters and is basically not worth listening to.

Thanks.

PS. I am quite a linux noob so if you need me to get logs or what have you, i will need some basic instructions. thanks!
I'm using it on a revo 1600 with no issues. How did you install it, where's your media located, network connectivity, etc...

As for logs, use the Debug Log Uploader if you are unsure on how to do it manually - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127108

(2012-04-02, 17:13)prae5 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using it on a revo 1600 with no issues. How did you install it, where's your media located, network connectivity, etc...

As for logs, use the Debug Log Uploader if you are unsure on how to do it manually - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127108

Installed it via USB CD directly to the hard drive, media is located on my home computer, wireless-n @ 54mbps, and its a completely fresh install of xp. Im going to try it tonight again via wired connection to see if its the wireless, but i doubt it as it was working fine before eden, any other ideas??
i also have a revo 1600 playing 15-20gb 1080p rips just fine
it is on a wired connection though and also i am running xbmcbuntu.....didn't want to weigh the thing down with windows
be interesting to see how it does wired
(2012-04-02, 17:59)bigdog66 Wrote: [ -> ]i also have a revo 1600 playing 15-20gb 1080p rips just fine
it is on a wired connection though and also i am running xbmcbuntu.....didn't want to weigh the thing down with windows
be interesting to see how it does wired

I too am running xbmcbuntu... but streaming from xp over wireless... if it does end up being the wireless, anyone got any ideas as to why eden would be different as opposed to the version i had before?
Update: so I tried a different movie when i got home, and it was working fine, tried another one at night with my girlfriend, and after a few minutes of buffering in the opening minutes of the movie it played flawlessly till the end.... havent tried airplay yet, ill try that tonight, so strange