Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Solved] Gamepads!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, i've been using XBMC for a while now and I love it! Lot better features than the WMC extention "Media Browser". I've now added a couple of my PS2 games to the menu using "advanced launcher" and play using my gamepad. For a while i've been wanting to know what is the best way to control XBMC using a gamepad? So far i've managed to get my android phone working really well, but I cannot seem XBMC to pick up the controller. So far i've tried using eventghost but I can't get it to pickup the Dpad and Right Analog stick. Xpadder with keyboard emulation works, however when i go into my PS2 game from XBMC it causes problems of course (EG the ESC key). Is there a way for XBMC to pick up USB game controller natively? I'm using a "Logitech Dual Action USB", which looks pretty much like a 360 controller lol. Thanks!
You didn't specify what OS you are using. If its windows Joy2Keys works pretty well.
Oh sorry, I keep forgetting XBMC can be installed everywhere Big Grin. I'm running Win7 64-bit, how would I use Joy2Keys? In EventGhost or an add-on for XBMC?

Fixed! Found a keymap similar to my controller, and replaced the name to "Logitech Dual Action USB.xml" and every instance of the old controller's name to "Logitech Dual Action USB". Thank you for the help!