Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Dual Boot Win7 & XBMCLive (Eden) HDD Mounting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

Before I start, I'm a complete noob when it comes to Linux and in fact it kinda scares me, but as so many things seem to be using it now (Android phones, etc...) I thought I should try and learn it.
I want to dual boot as my wife and kids just want a "it's on and working" approach to the media centre, but I want a spare windows 7 machine (just incase my main baby goes wrong.

I currently have a media centre with 3 Hdd's in. (1 high speed 250Gb, 2 x 1Tb) I have managed to setup the 250Gb so that Win 7 and XBMC Live dual boot (XBMC live is default)
My 2 x 1Tb drive hold all my media (movies, audio, pics) but I can't get XBMC to see them.

I have gone through the forums and it appears I need to get XBMC to mount the drives, but the information seems to be based on old versions of XBMC and doesn't work with Eden.
Most threads talk about removing the "nodiskmount" line from the "menu.lst" file, but I don't think this applies to Eden.

Could someone please help me, and could you please put it into very simple terms.

Thanks.
Hi,

I have the same problem with my HDD.
I have 1 SSD 60G (boot/OS) and 1 HDD 1TB (data).
I tried/installed several times XBMCbuntu (Eden) and my HDD is never visible when I want to 'add source' or in Hardware/Storage.
If I exit XBMC, Login XBMCbuntu, open File Manager and then mount or click over my HDD and after that I Login XBMC I have my HDD visible !
If I reboot after that my HDD is again not visible. It is only visible after mounting the HDD inside the OS.
Anyone knows how to solve this problem ?

Thanks.