Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Curse of the newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi guys, firstly i'm loving xbmc! cant believe i tried to get wmc to 'work' for so long!

great job everyone Smile

i was hoping some of you may have some answers to these questions;

Is there a missing episode report like in media centre master where you can run a report against tvdb to see if your missing anything in a series? That would be great meaning i could remove MCM all together!

Can i default the green button on my remote to launch XBMC instead of WMC?

My long term plan is to run a NAS with everything stored on there - i'm assuming i would still need a pc in order to run XBMC or would you get a boxee etc?

Thanks guys!
I'd really appriciate any help on the above, I know everyone's busy though Smile
(2012-04-03, 19:10)leftyleft Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys, firstly i'm loving xbmc! cant believe i tried to get wmc to 'work' for so long!

great job everyone Smile

i was hoping some of you may have some answers to these questions;

Is there a missing episode report like in media centre master where you can run a report against tvdb to see if your missing anything in a series? That would be great meaning i could remove MCM all together!

Can i default the green button on my remote to launch XBMC instead of WMC?

My long term plan is to run a NAS with everything stored on there - i'm assuming i would still need a pc in order to run XBMC or would you get a boxee etc?

Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum and XBMC.

For you missing episodes I would recommend Sickbeard it does exactly what your looking for and quite a bit more and is really user friendly. Search in the forums here for detailed instructions on installing and setup.

For you remote you want to look here - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi..._with_XBMC & here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Mod...yboard.xml
They should set you on the right track on how to do this.

Yes you will need something to access the media stored on the NAS - however, you could build an all in one system or just have a small nettop or something like raspberry pi. Hardware options are massive so I would recommend looking in on the Hardward subforum when you get to that stage.

Hope this helps.
Fantastic thanks so much for replying!!