Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Scraper ~ Not scraping some files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
* I'm looking for a good Movie scraper that can read my Named Video files.

My Directory is like this> Movies (folder)> Video movie titles (all)

Some movies are MT2S files some are encoded M4V> I use MetaX to embed Metadata and Coverart into the video files> Is there a way to configure XBMC to pick up the coverart located in the files itself?

Question #1

Which is the Best movie scraper? The Default Movie scraper scans some titles but does not scan the correct movie name?

For example I have Predator Video File> It is scanned as Predator 2> this scraper must rely on Year or something> or it does not have a large Database.

Also When I change the Movie name to Predator> the scraper does not re-scan it and pick up the correct name> it just stays the same?

Question #2

How can I set up XBMC to scan every video file that is placed into my folders?

Right now when I transfer a file into my movies folder> it does not update it as recently added> I have to manually re-scan it or re-log into XBMC> is there a setup area that can do this every time a file is transfered into my Movie folders?

(2012-04-04, 00:50)theatredaz Wrote: [ -> ]* I'm looking for a good Movie scraper that can read my Named Video files.

My Directory is like this> Movies (folder)> Video movie titles (all)

Some movies are MT2S files some are encoded M4V> I use MetaX to embed Metadata and Coverart into the video files> Is there a way to configure XBMC to pick up the coverart located in the files itself?
No. XBMC uses the file/folder name to do lookups, or alternatively you can use nfo files / a media manager to create them if you really feel the need. However, if you name your files well there really should be no need to.

Quote:Question #1

Which is the Best movie scraper? The Default Movie scraper scans some titles but does not scan the correct movie name?
Default scraper, tmdb or imdb should find pretty much most of your library assuming its named well.

Quote:For example I have Predator Video File> It is scanned as Predator 2> this scraper must rely on Year or something> or it does not have a large Database.
What is the exact name of the file? Additionally, it is good practice to include the year of the movie in the file name as this does aid lookups.

Quote:Also When I change the Movie name to Predator> the scraper does not re-scan it and pick up the correct name> it just stays the same?
You need to refresh the movie or rescan the library.

Quote:Question #2

How can I set up XBMC to scan every video file that is placed into my folders?

Right now when I transfer a file into my movies folder> it does not update it as recently added> I have to manually re-scan it or re-log into XBMC> is there a setup area that can do this every time a file is transfered into my Movie folders?
XBMC doesn't know when you transfer content into your folders, it needs to be told to update its library. You can set it to scan at start up, or use the library updater add-on to schedule updates. A number of download managers can also trigger library updates too.
OK

So I have to use an add on to cause it to do updates.

That's not too convenient because I like to place a movie in the folder then run downstairs and check that the movie is there and works properly etc.

Be sure to also check out Adding videos to the library (wiki)