Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resolution or Font issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the install and whenever I goto the XFCE desktop the scaling on everything is just way off. Everything is huge as if you cranked up the appearance dpi past 200 on Windows. The majority of windows are out of view and the buttons at the bottom are inaccessible.

My TV is 720p and I have a Zotac box with an NVidia board. Anyone know of a work around or solution?
I'm assuming you're using XBMCBuntu? Does XBMC itself look correct?
I can confirm this, and yes its XBMCBuntu, and yes the XBMC it self looks ok.

The installasion is not prety with this. And can be hard to work with

Regards Alf Tonny,
I have the same problem. I can only install using the 120x120 dpi setting otherwise I cannot see most of the install screens and [continue] buttons are all off screen. I fluked it just by pressing [enter] all the way and not changing anything.

XBMC is fine but when I go to the LXDE it is the same problem. Also tried to fix it using this thread but I once again cannot see the screen.

Still can't find a fix for this anywhere.
I have the same problem. I have a ASRock ION330HT and a 1080p TV.
Had to install with 120x120 option otherwise everything was too big.
XBMC itself looks just fine, it's only in the desktop enviroment and it's just the fonts in the UI, not the icons or other graphics.
Text in Chromium has normal size too.

Took some pictures with my mobile:

I've tried to change the font sizes in the Openbox Configuration Manager shown above but no luck.
Wow, ok. This thread took off. I can confirm what everyone else is saying. XBMC itself looks fine. It's XBMCbuntu that has the issue. I've also tried editing the Openbox Configuration Manager but that doesn't seem to have any affect.

Web pages, however, seem to all render correctly.
I have similar problems, I changed my DPI to 96x96 because everything was so small and while that fixed it, I can't see the bottom of windows like this.
I don't have XBMCbuntu installed, but something to try is running "lxappearance" (you can run it standalone though it looks like it's part of the LXDE Control Center under "Appearance Settings") and adjusting font size from there to see if it makes a difference for application fonts and file manager font size.

Edit- it should be under the "Window" tab underneath "Available Window Themes". If it's dropped off the bottom you'll need to scooch the window up to see it.

There's a picture of it here (seventh pic down).

http://pclosmag.com/html/Issues/201009/page06.html

Openbox Configuration Manager (obconf) should be controlling things like the desktop menu and window title bars, but they may interact with each other.
Hello,

I have also had the problem with massive fonts in the dialogue boxes on the xbmcbuntu desktop. I think the cause of this is that the monitor I am using ( LG 32" LCD TV ) does not provide the proper information to Linux.

I fixed it using the following line of code in the "Monitor" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

so at the terminal in xbmcubuntu type

sudo pico /etc/X11/xorg.conf

and then add this to the bottom of the "Monitor" section :

Option "DPI" "96 x 96"

( make sure the x above is lower case )

then press Ctrl + X to save and press Y to confirm.

Log out and in again (or holding Alt + PrintScreen + K will restart the X server) and you should log in to see normal font sizes.

No adjustment of the font size separately was necessary for me.

I'm sure this information is a bit basic - but might be of use to someone.

Thanks