Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cds wont play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried posting a problem i had similar to this before, and no one has been able to help me solve it yet. i had upgraded tothe 2005-05-02 version of xbmc, and suddenly, my audio cds would only play the first track and then stop. since then, in an effory to solve this problem, i tried updating again, to the 2004-05-24 version, but now my cds wont play at all. i have autoplay enabled, and when i put the cd in, i can see the visualization start, and an icon appears with the play symbol underneath, but i get no sound. if i stop the playback, then try to go into my music, i loose control of the cursor, and am forced to turn off my xbox before i can do anything more. the only way i can get any sound at all from my cds is if i navigate throught the dvd-rom drive and tell it to play one files at a time. these cds are storebought cds, i have tried at least 4 different ones. does anyone have any ideas at all to help me solve this?
update again (search why)
for anyone still willing to give this a try, heres the progress i've made. i tried using a cvs build from last week (which someone had told me they tried and worked fine) and now the only difference is that when i put the cd in, the time counter pops up with the visualization, but it just stays at 0.00. i also noticed that now if i try to play more than one track through "my files" the entire box freezes, and my in game reset won't even work, so i have to turn it off manually. my music still has no cursor on screen at all, i can only press back in order to go back to the main screen. any ideas?
check if pcdvdrom is enabled in xboxmediacenter.xml
nope, its disabled....