Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: creating a mysql remote database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

I am trying to create a mysql lite database to let XBMC follow me around with my HTPC, iPad and laptop. I like this idea, think it will be fantastic. But I'm lost.

I installed the live Eden version of XBMC - and I've read up tons to figure out what it is I need to do next.
What I've got is that I'm supposed to be looking for the directory that looks like ...

$HOME/.xbmc/userdata

I don't see this directory, or even anything remotely like this. HELP please! I am quickly ruining my WAF cred rating, due to having the machine down!
I was being a newb in Ubuntu, again. Any directory or file that starts with a "." is hidden... I knew that, and had to drive down to the liquor store while pondering this to realize my newbness. ssh'ing into the box, I did an "ls -al" to show all the directories, and simply "cd"'d into where I needed to be to nano the advancedsettings.xml file.

I'm posting this in case anyone else does my newb mistakes and is also looking for this answer, but possibly is not able to drive to the liquor store to clear their minds.