Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCbuntu on Aspire Revo 1600 solved issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I've been struggling with some minor issues with a clean install of XBMCbuntu on an Aspire Revo 1600 so I'm posting here my findings to summarized them to help people and to make aware to the developers about them.
  • Instalation
I was having a problem using the Ubuntu "boot disk utility". There's an option to check the recently build USB image that boots qemu using the USB key. This somehow modifies the USB key content and breaks the installation process so when you boot with this "tested" USB X won't start.
  • Remote
I have an external USB IR receiver and it worked OK from the live USB but after installation I had to run "$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure lirc" to get it up and running.
  • Navigation sounds
Didn't worked. I had to create "~/.asoundrc" and add "pcm.!default {type plug slave { pcm "hdmi" }}".
  • HDMI output sound
Just the same and none of the predefined outputs worked. I had to check with

Code:
$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 0: ALC662 rev1 Analog [ALC662 rev1 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
  Subdevices: 0/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
$

And add a custom audio output and passthrough: "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0"
  • Slow boot
XBMCbuntu was taking about 40s to boot. I found that ureadahed was disabled so I renamed "/etc/init/ureadahead.conf.disable" to "/etc/init/ureadahead.conf". If you have /var on a partition different from / you should also edit it like this. Now the boot time has halved to 20s.