Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Improved UPnP serving and client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2012-10-30, 05:31)edrikk Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please confirm:

- Video thumbnail (especially for movies) display correctly when browsing the "Movies" tree, however the exact same movies when viewed under the "Recently added movies" branch don't show the thumbnail.

TV Shows of course has issue which I have reported here and which was confirmed:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1224651

thanks that was a mistake on my part, fixed in 1a0417f

The watched status is a whole other kettle of fish. I have some ideas and am working on an implementation which works for both xbmc and other clients.

(2012-10-29, 20:16)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]@alcoheca

Not sure whether this is a problem with XBMC or with BubbleUPnP. I just installed BubbleUPnP Server, which allows you to access your UPnP servers over the internet. When I try to access XBMC over the internet (using the BubbleUPnP for android client) I'm only able to browse parts of the libraries, but I'm unable to get to the content.

Videos -> Movies -> Title -> Result: Don't get a listing of movies, just an error message
Music -> Artists -> Album -> Result: Don't get a listing of songs, just an error message

It lists Artists and Albums just fine, but I'm unable to get a listing of the Songs. It's like it's only able to show lists of folders or categories, but not the actual media item nodes (songs, movies, etc).

Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=11644
Steps performed when generating this log:
1) Selected "Music library"
2) Selected "Artists"
3) Selected artist "Amon Amarth"
4) Selected album "Twilight of the Thunder God" -> Result: Instead of listing the songs of the album I get the following error message: "Browse Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action.No response received or internal proxy error."

Edit: Seems I'm unable to browse the Windows Media Player Sharing as well, so maybe this is a problem with my router. WMP doesn't seem to fail at the same place though.

Ruled out NAT/Router problems, cause I noticed a few songs that are correctly listed when browsing the album and are playable, but the large majority is not. Trying to see what's different about these few tracks.

Update: So far all the working songs have been .mp3's, but oddly enough not -all- mp3's work.

Update 2: Here's a new log where I'm trying to list the content of some albums resulting in the above described error message, while a few albums correctly lists the songs and I'm able to play them, http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12478

There are a lot of "Received request to serve unknown md5 'D5D6A8049ECD6324A681FF8064200482/'" errors in the log.
problem with playing files through upnp that reside on a smb:// share that require username and password.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12474

iIfirst had to add the remote share before i was able to play the music files
"UPnP Search" is not implemented yet, correct?
(2012-11-01, 22:25)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]problem with playing files through upnp that reside on a smb:// share that require username and password.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12474

iIfirst had to add the remote share before i was able to play the music files

yep me too. passwords need much better handling, but as this is an xbmc<->xbmc only problem it's not a big issue to browse it once and store the login details to the local 'keychain' (plain text file).
(2012-11-01, 22:26)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]"UPnP Search" is not implemented yet, correct?

Correct

Unlike music where some nodes work, browsing the video library over the internet seems to -always- result in a "Browse error". There were a few warnings about unknown nodetypes in the log:

Code:
WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/65/3/?tvshowid=65
WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/65/-1/?tvshowid=65
Installed Skifta's PC server and used Skifta on the Nexus 7 to try to access XBMC over the internet, but the connection fails with a very non-descript error message ("an error occured creating the connection"). It's hard to tell if it fails because of XBMC, or my router, or the Skifta server.

You'll probably have to install Skifta's server and the BubbleUPnP server and try to see if they behave the same on your system.
(2012-11-02, 03:49)sialivi Wrote: [ -> ]Unlike music where some nodes work, browsing the video library over the internet seems to -always- result in a "Browse error". There were a few warnings about unknown nodetypes in the log:

Code:
WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/65/3/?tvshowid=65
WARNING: XFILE::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetIcon - Unknown nodetype requested videodb://2/2/65/-1/?tvshowid=65

Ignore this, that's just xbmc attempting to determine a default icon for the upnp containers. Will get round to providing the icons over upnp eventually.

Hi Everybody,

Just to let you know, I am really looking forward to a smooth working UPnP environment!

The greatest feature I'm missing now is UPnP search, see also "this library does not support UPnP search" at http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=144244
Is there a roadmap to this functionality?

PS.
noticed that the most of my XBMC-apps on my WIndows Phone don't communicate anymore with XBMC 12 (2 nov 2012). Example: "An error has accured: Cannot cast Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JArray to Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JToken"
Is there a fundamental change in communication protocol?
I got a question regarding UPnp sharing

All my movies are on an unraid server machine
My xbmc is on a second win7 machine
So , imagine i got a third (read second xbmc machine) and i want to centralize my libraries...

Using mysql on unraid server, i could just turn on second xbmc machine and have the same library like on the first xbmc machine without the need of turning it on.
But when i use upnp sharing, i need to have the unraid machine running for my movies, then the first xbmc machine running for the upnp server.. ? so i need 3 machines running instead of 2 with mysql?

Will there in the future be a workaround for this?
your NAS/unraid server would run a headless XBMC in best case or just some upnp server
(2012-11-05, 19:15)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]your NAS/unraid server would run a headless XBMC in best case or just some upnp server

So i just install upnp server on unraid? Which one or how do i do this, so that my library is on it?
No that's not possible, just stick with your current setup.
(2012-11-05, 19:47)alcoheca Wrote: [ -> ]No that's not possible, just stick with your current setup.

In the blog i read that upnp server will replace mysql server in the future...
But if its not possible to do it this way i dont see a way it wouldbe able to replace it... Cause i would have to turn on an extra machine just for sharing library which is crazy..

Will there be a workaround for it? Or perhaps in the future? I would like to have my library on server side together with my data (movies), and then from multiple xbmc machines using that library without having to turn on 2 xbmc machines..' I hope you understand and see the logic...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17