Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need Help: Online Radio add-on ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I was playing a bit with XBMC python API and I've made my first plugin. It basically lists an xml file (containing online radio information) and it plays every link.

I have a small issue with it: After I load the item list, xbmc retrieves all the media information about the files I've listed. Is there any possibility to avoid this ? Considering that we are talking about online radio streams, this is a bit slow.

All the best,
O.
Not quite understanding what you mean by "xbmc retrieves all the media information about the files I've listed"

Are you talking about where it tries to determine the file type and etc? (Shows up in the log as Creating Demuxer)
(2012-04-09, 15:08)DancingFlames Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everybody,

I was playing a bit with XBMC python API and I've made my first plugin. It basically lists an xml file (containing online radio information) and it plays every link.

I have a small issue with it: After I load the item list, xbmc retrieves all the media information about the files I've listed. Is there any possibility to avoid this ? Considering that we are talking about online radio streams, this is a bit slow.

All the best,
O.

XBMC tries to get the mime-type of every listitem's url you provide.
You have two choices:

Do something like:
Code:
listitem.setProperty('mimetype', 'video/x-msvideo')
(of course you should set a matching mimetype!)

[Trick] Faster listing of items

regards,
sphere
Sphere, this is exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks a lot.

It seems that I need to improve my forum search skills, rather than my programming ones Smile
Need a better way of documenting these things in the wiki instead of on the forum
You should open the wiki for edit or add more members with edit rights ...

I know it could get messy (I had a bad experience already with my students), but it is the only way to survive and be up to date ...
(2012-04-10, 11:21)DancingFlames Wrote: [ -> ]You should open the wiki for edit or add more members with edit rights ...

Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiki is open for edits of registered users - and registration is open.
(2012-04-10, 11:35)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiki is open for edits of registered users - and registration is open.

I didn't knew that ... and I was making the assumption based on the fact that there were some people on the forum asking others to post on wiki
(2012-04-10, 11:40)DancingFlames Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-10, 11:35)sphere Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if I'm wrong but the wiki is open for edits of registered users - and registration is open.

I didn't knew that ... and I was making the assumption based on the fact that there were some people on the forum asking others to post on wiki

Some pages are locked for some reason. Normally you can just register on the wiki page and start editing.
On the front page of the wiki is a link to the help page which lists some nice plugin for editing.

Currently the add-on/plugin section is a bit of a mess. In time will get cleaned up and re-organized.