Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC EDEN Freezes changing RTMP stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

First I would like to say thank you developers for the hard and successful work you have been doing on this amazing software, I'm using it since last year and it's my favorite in its class.

My situation is that i have some playlists with tv channels that are all rtmp streams, i have a MCE remote controller configured to change channels when you press channel up and down, so it's just like a cable tv. I have no concerns about the channels quality, they are great!

But unfortunatelly sometimes when you press up or down the xbmc hangs and it won't respond at all, even alt+f4 won't work, you need to open the task manager to close it the hard way.

The same thing happens with programs like RTMPGUi+ and SuperTV. sometimes when i go to change the stream it just hangs...

I'm using windows 7 home premium 64Bits.

I tested in more than one PC and the same situation happens on a 32bit windows 7 running EDEN.

I hope anyone has a hint or solution to this problem, so i can watch my custom cable tv

Thank you guys, sorry for my bad english.
Hello Guys, Apparently i got things solved.

Here's what I did.

1) Put XBMC in DEBUG mode, after that I discovered that when the application crashes it gives you this log and it stays forever in this message.

15:19:12 T:1732 INFO: HandleCtrl, received ctrl, type: 6, len: 6
15:19:12 T:1732 INFO: HandleCtrl, Ping 271087
15:19:12 T:1732 INFO: sending ctrl, type: 0x0007
15:19:32 T:1732 INFO: HandleCtrl, received ctrl, type: 6, len: 6
15:19:32 T:1732 INFO: HandleCtrl, Ping 291524
15:19:32 T:1732 INFO: sending ctrl, type: 0x0007
15:19:53 T:1732 INFO: HandleCtrl, received ctrl, type: 6, len: 6
15:19:53 T:1732 INFO: HandleCtrl, Ping 311985

2) I Googled for this message and found this link http://web.archiveorange.com/archive/v/5...u0B5EiX8FF
Here they describe to set live=1 parameter on the links... so I changed all links on my TV playlist, and everythings seems to work perfecly NOW!!!

But on the applications (SuperTV and RTMPGUI+) it still freezes, I think it's because those playlists don't have the live=1 parameter and RTMP gets lost during cache or something...

Now I can change channels on my MCE Controller without having to worry about freezes !!! YAY!

I hope developers get this message.

Thank you!

Thanks, that's worth noting.

We didn't write the RTMP code; we use the public domain RTMP libraries. The libraries aren't perfect, but then RTMP is not an open protocol and the guys who wrote the library have had to reverse engineer it. The fact it works at all is testament to the enormous amount of work the rtmpdump guys have put in.